A story to make you roo'r

I have just heard a story on Radio Sheffield that made me roo'r.

A bloke who has been out of work for a couple of years stands in Town somewhere with a board asking all and sundry if they can give him a job.

Anyway this bloke and his Mrs are getting chucked out of their house as they can no longer pay the Mortgage. It seems as though a passing lady has donated a couple of thousand pounds to them so as they can stay in the house for two more months and hope in the meantime to get a job.

What a state of affairs this country has got into when hard working class people are getting chucked out of their houses when some people live in property worth millions.

I hope the benefactor has a long and happy life but when all the awards are being given out at the Palace etc you can bet your bottom dollar she will not be one of them.

Expensive mortage at a grand a month

Why can't they just sell the house and get a concil place? Or just take a knock to their pride and claim benefits

He probably is claiming benefits but they won't pay your mortgage

I thought they paid the interest on the mortgage.

No idea. But the interest isnt going to be a massive amount on a 1k a month mortgage payment, in the end the mortgage company would still recall the loan

Why can't they just sell the house and get a concil place? Or just take a knock to their pride and claim benefits

That's the 'bulldog spirit!'

Yes

One of those thousands of vacant properties that the government insist on buying up from private owners to provide affordable social housing.

Oh, hang on...

the fact that he is standing in town trying to find work rather than selling up and expecting a free council house and benefits,

No idea. But the interest isnt going to be a massive amount on a 1k a month mortgage payment, in the end the mortgage company would still recall the loan

The interest could be a major part of the mortgage payment either way a bank would take interest only payments in a situation like this in many cases.

His Mrs earns £115 pounds a week part time so he does noy qualify for benifits.

Perhaps you can tell people how to get a CONCIL PLACE?.

Saying,old but true, 'Lifes s**t then you die' true in so many ways.

Some years ago 'the Thatcher years' i was made redundant,at the same time my water heater chose to pack in so I put a claim in to the benefits dept.they then sent someone round to assess my claim,a lovely lady who apparently understood my situation agreed with everything that was said shook hands and left.Letter arrived a few days later saying that because we had a cooker and saucepans we had the means to heat water,we had two children under five at the time and we were expected to carry hot water up the stairs and fill the bath would they do the same thing today with the 'Health and safety'laws as they are?:loopy:

Well up to now not a lot of sympathy , what the Hell is happening to good old fashioned stick together Sheffielders.