Centertainment – no parking and then ticketing

Did the court grant your costs against the company?

Sadly Centertainment don't care. There's more than enough custom to fill the car parks twice over.

Centertainment does not own the carpark and was therefore not a competent claimant (plaintiff).

Are you sure they don't own the carpark?

The car park enforcement company definitely don't though, and it's they (UKCPS) who are taking people to court.

Simple really don't park on the pavement.

A LOT simpler than that. Don't go to Centertainment.

I simply don't go any more. They need to look at expanding the parking facilities in some way.

I've never had a problem. When it's busy and there are no parking spaces on the site, I've always been able to park on the street over the other side of Attercliffe Common (Carbrook Hall Rd or similar). Although on one occasion the problem was then having to negotiate the cars illegally parked on the pavement on the road behind Toys R Us as we walked back to our car. It was dark and we'd no choice but to walk our young daughter in the road (the pavements were blocked), and dodging in between the parked cars when any cars came. In those circumstances, I was all for the parked cars being ticketed.

Edit. Oops. I've just realized this is an old thread, and that I'd already posted on it. I posted something very similar to this post over 18 months ago.

Edited by Eater Sundae

I simply don't go any more. They need to look at expanding the parking facilities in some way.

Same here, I just don't go, and that is 100% down to the stress of the parking experience.

Same here, I just don't go, and that is 100% down to the stress of the parking experience.

LOL good to see everyone do the same

That's jolly decent of you, making space for such as me to go and park.

Really? Stress? If it's busy when I get there and I can't see a parking space in the areas in front of Hollywood Bowl, etc, I usually have a quick tour around the parking areas at each end, and if they are full also, I go and park over the other side of Attercliffe Common, and have the stress of a 5 minute walk from the car.

Are you sure they don't own the carpark?

Fairly sure, yes. As at 14 September 2011:

a. the freehold title number for the whole Centertainment site was SYK356620

b. its then registered proprietors were Legal and General Leisure Fund Trustee Ltd and Legal and General Property Partners (Leisure) Ltd; and

c. the cinema building's leasehold title number was SYK408166.

From HMLR, you can obtain updated information. Each title's entries cost £3 and each title's plan does too.

Do they own the lease on the place then? Or are they merely renting it?

I've parked and been ticketed in Centertainment for not parking in a space. I wasn'y blocking anyone or thing. The PCN fines they give you aren't worth the paper they're printed on. Ive had several and not paid one. They can't chase for payment and can't legally enforce you pay it.

We've got a megathread for parking tickets.

and the law changed last year, so now they can and do.

Edited by geared