Nick @ Night thread / Phone-in Campaign

What do you want to happen to the show?  

80 members have voted

1. 1. What do you want to happen to the show?

• Nick Margerrison should leave! Grrr...
    • The phone-in show should come back! yey...
    • I love the new show...
    • I dont particularly care...

i see your point but i i think its funny how he messes with them and if i called i wouldn't like it but hey

I listen sometimes if I'm driving (and yes I do admit to tuning in late!) and sometimes it has been mildly entertaining but if you listen for a few weeks you find it gets very repetetive and discusses the same subjects too many times... ie single mums shouldn't be allowed to keep their kids, abortion should be allowed right up to birth, etc etc etc

As to Nick being provocative and trying to wind the callers up, I guess that is what he has been employed to do and if he didn't do it then I think he would be out of a job very quickly!

i think he should do a show on ghosts he hasn't done one for ages and i enjoy them

p.s. your right

Originally posted by SaxonLeigh

ok but what gets to me about him is that he deliberatly winds the callers up & then tells them that thrie in the wrong, i'm sorry but that just made me turn the radio off, not encourage more listners & i certainly wouldnt want to call his show!

It's hardly a new thing. James H. Reeve and James Watt did the same thing on Hallam before him. And what about Scotty McClue?

i've only heard nick on hallam but i've heard scotty on magic he's too nice it just gets bring then i found nick and i've never gone back

scotty is a legend, but still not as good as young nicholarse.......

this is a man who admitted to being blown out by a woman on eccy road (although he claimed he could not remember ha ha)

~What gets me is how thick the callers sound! I dont know if this is because of the fact that they've had a few beers beforehand, the local accents, or whether the producers just pick the thickest ones to go on air.

It is easy for Nick to make most of them look stupid - he has a head start!

Originally posted by dansufc

but if he didn't argue with people the show would become very boring if everybody agreed, and as it says in the star nick has been told to be naughty, i think the show has improved since its on at 11 and i'd just like to say well done for getting more listeners keep up the good work

Mmm. That's not true by the way. I've never been told anything like that, ever. I don't know where that came from either. I emailed the Star when I saw the article and tried to put them straight on that account actually but haven't recieved a reply. I've even sent Martin Dawes my mobile number so he can check the facts with me next time if he likes.

Furthermore I wasn't happy about the picture they put in. I don't look like that anymore - it's a very old picture - and secondly I'd rather not have pictures of me published in the local papers. There's too many nutters who'd love to be able to hassle me when I'm shopping in Morrisons or whatever.

NM

which bit of my post are you on about nick?

The bit about The Star saying I was told to be naughty. I wasn't!

ah ok the press arent very nice anyway good luck tonight and one night could you do a show on ghost again i love them shows

ignore trhe Star its random rubbish