Reviews required on High Storrs school 6th form

Reviews required on High Storrs school 6th form please.

Edited by marcowl

Everything I have heard has been positive.

I have recently completed my a-level studies at High Storrs School and have spend 3 years there.

I enjoyed my time at HS, it is a friendly, welcoming and high achieving school. The standard and level of teaching quality is very high, most teachers are very professional and skilled. Unlike a few schools out there, the quality and focus on high alevel results is high. I completed 5 A-level's, and from my experience, all of my teachers were supportive to help me achieve the highest possible grade. They were there when help was needed and most help extra sessions to help boost us up. However, do keep in mind, that some teachers may judge your achievement within the first few weeks and you'll have to work hard to impress/suggest that you are a high achieving student.

I found the school management and staff to also be very helpful and supportive. They supported me throughout my UCAS application and worked hard to ensure all my concerns/issues etc were always dealt with.

With the refurbishment and re-build the school has gained some much needed facilities. It now has a large LRC (Library) although can get busy during breaks, there is also a student study area with computers, and a small common room along with afew other social rooms. Throughout the school, each faculty also has an independent sixth-form study area which is to be used by sixth-formers studying within that department. These are also great spaces to do group work or study.

The computer and printing facilities are average. There are usually just about enough computers to go around. There is usually plenty of study space and other facilities include cheap hot drinks machine and a pray room.

There is also a spar, a free cash machine, a bakery and an indian takeaway within a 5 minutes walking distance. The school also benefits from good public transport with the '88' bus going to town several times an hour.

I would certainly recommend the school, please do PM me with any questions as I would pleasured to give you more specific info / advice to help you make your mind.