Blades awful, 1st place misleading..

By the way I'm a life long Blades fan... last night was the first match I've seen in a long time. To be fair and honest I could'nt believe how bad the team has become. Literally, the players couldnt string 3 passes together, there didn't seem to be any creativity or quality in the team. There wasn't even a gameplan just hoof it up front as quickly as possible. The ball kept coming back and we kept hoofing it forward, It's the worse side I've seen in 23 years. It was like watching a sunday league side.

Even the defence were shaky, it was only luck and poor finishing that prevented us going behind...the stats proved how poor we are. Any person that thinks otherwise has red and white blinkers on.

I can't see the Blades finishing top two, and even if we do manage to somehow go up we would need the kind of investment in the team not possible with the current set-up to stay up.

What do other fans think? I mean honestly...

Watched it on SKY by the way, I feel sorry for any of the 19,000 who actually paid to watch this dross....bad times.

First match in a long time? In how long may I ask?

I think people are being harsh.

We're restricting teams chances to score.

We're hard to score against and hard to beat.....

That is the basis that we need an what we were missing last season.

I think we are capable of performing a lot better.

We have had to make drastic Changes due to the fair play rules, and we are joint top.

I feel a big pat on the back is deserved, but more is expected.

Pompey are probably the best team to come to the Lane so far this season and Kitson is a massive miss. Chris Porter, has big boots to fill in Kitson's absence.

How can 1st place be misleading, we are playing badly and BEATING teams that are even worse than us....like a few have said we are capable of better and it is rough to watch but the league doesn't lie, not sure many people would claim we've been "lucky" in every match this season?

Taking off the red & white glasses I see one of the best (possibly the best) team, playing really badly in a VERY poor league.

To be honest United can't do right for doing wrong in the fans eyes, last season we were more gung ho, and scoring for fun and lost our top scorer & we blew it.

This year we are about as entertaining as watching paint dry, and getting 1-0 results, bit like Arsenal, West Brom of old, & Charlton last season.

Ask any Blades which they'd sooner have flair, and stay down, or boring and go up, I'm with the letter; that said, it does not mean it has to boring all the time.

A bit of flair from DW's boys would be nice, we can play when we want to & pass it about, for me he doesn't know when to bring subs on. I mean Miller & Cresswell in the last minute!!!!, not much chance to make an impact really.

But a win is a win, and playing crap we are top, think what it will be like when we hit top gear, seriously we could actually go up. Yes I do know there are some on here with memories like elephants, and I did not give us a hope of going up before a ball was kicked, but I'm big enough to admit when I'm wrong.

The defence looks solid, for once gamble in January & turn down all offers that we will surely get, midfield a bit non plussed, we could do with Buzasky from Pompey he is class, but all signs are promising.

It will be a long time before the fat lady sings, but surely she must be considering lessons in preparation :)

First place is misleading.............United are in second place.....

First place is misleading.............United are in second place.....

Technically, but still joint 1st

Technically, but still joint 1st

Not at all imagine it was joint 2nd/3rd as you put it but the other team has a better goal difference at the end of the season one gets automatic promotion one in the play offs for coming 3rd..

Nothing "Technically" about it the Blades are currently in second spot.

Not at all imagine it was joint 2nd/3rd as you put it but the other team has a better goal difference at the end of the season one gets automatic promotion one in the play offs for coming 3rd..

Nothing "Technically" about it the Blades are currently in second spot.

Okay being as you put it like that were 2nd, with 2 bloody hard away games coming up, these will surely shape our season in some respects. We will be up there Tranmere will fall away, I believe. :)