Just who was your first young love

She knows who she is.And she knows what she missed out on.Too late now luv.:D

sorry if I caused any offence,didnt mean to, just memories thats all,

If anyone else say my love Laura Bergoyne 1939 I;ll be over there in a flash to sort them out

Helen reid late 60s lived on the triangle estate at handsworth she was beautiful

I knew a Helen Reed she went to Brook school. Met her on holiday in Bridlington mid 60's could this be the same girl?

I met the first love of my life when I was 7 years old when he moved into a house a few doors away.................We grew up together and have been married 40 years this may!

I think its a bad idea to try to go back to old girl friends best to remember them as they were back in the day!.Everyone except one I have bumped into after reminisceing with them I had the same thought"Thank god I didn,t get stuck with her!",a cruel thing to say but true, they most likely thought the same about me but hey ho life goes on,I,m just an old romantic!.

If anyone else say my love Laura Bergoyne 1939 I;ll be over there in a flash to sort them out
Are you being frank?.;) My dad knew some Burgoynes in Hillsborough; maybe they're related.
I met the first love of my life when I was 7 years old when he moved into a house a few doors away.................We grew up together and have been married 40 years this may!
Best wishes for your Ruby Wedding in May! It took me almost 40 years to marry my first love Marion, but we'll have been married 7 years in March. Seven-year itch? not me!..:)

Mine was Andrea from he Littledale. She was a member of the Helen Shapiro fan club.

We went to Manchester for fan club get together and the divine Helen was present.

I have never seen so many weirdoes in one place.

They had a competition for all the girls present who had to mime to a "Helen" song.

The boys had the mime to a record of Trini Lopez singing "if I had a hammer",

Andrea asked me to join in, I replied saying that I would rather eat my ear.

The journey home was silent and she packed me up that night.

Thank god.

Are you being frank?.;) My dad knew some Burgoynes in Hillsborough; maybe they're related.Best wishes for your Ruby Wedding in May! It took me almost 40 years to marry my first love Marion, but we'll have been married 7 years in March. Seven-year itch? not me!..:)

Thanks......glad to know you are happy too!:)

Thanks......glad to know you are happy too!:)
Yes we really are - see here for the rather romantic story! I doubt if we'll make our Ruby Wedding (Marion will just have received her telegram from the Queen [or more likely, King William V] and I'll be within a year of mine) but all Forummers are invited to our Silver Wedding bash in 2032!.:P

Are you being frank?.;) My dad knew some Burgoynes in Hillsborough; maybe they're related.Best wishes for your Ruby Wedding in May! It took me almost 40 years to marry my first love Marion, but we'll have been married 7 years in March. Seven-year itch? not me!..:)

Yes use to play with laura around 38/9 lived in one of the a.B.C streets and when i left fullwood homes in 46 after 6 years i was still in shock Laura help me start getting back to some sort of normal life for short time went to Burtonst school together

Carol Yellott and Julie Gallagher simples

---------- Post added 31-01-2014 at 18:38 ----------

Carol Yellott and Julie Gallagher simples

Off the Herdings

Not really a first love, but a mad crush on Dave Shawyer! Lived near the Cherry Tree pub on Montrose Road. The greatest love of all was my late husband.