New sanction rules for job seekers

Do you think they will stop the benefit for all the waste of space asylum seekers wondering around page hall all day....

Do you think they will stop the benefit for all the waste of space asylum seekers wondering around page hall all day....

No because if they are asylum seekers they won't be on JSA or liable for sanctions in the first place.

This is going to be awfully politically incorrect, but it seems the people from this country are being put through the mincer when it comes to benefit cuts.

Are Asylum Seekers/Immigrants going to be put through the mincer as well?

Its seems the white indigeionous people are taking a bit of a battering right now

This is going to be awfully politically incorrect, but it seems the people from this country are being put through the mincer when it comes to benefit cuts.

Are Asylum Seekers/Immigrants going to be put through the mincer as well?

Its seems the white indigeionous people are taking a bit of a battering right now

Asylum seekers get less than JSA to live on, until they get thrown into citizenship and then they get JSA with the threat of sanction.

Asylum seekers are on hardship payments. That is what people on benefit sanctions end up on.

Chem you seem to know a bit about theses things,my daughter is in the last year of her study as a radiographer in full time education she has 3 kids aged 6 9 and 16 she has a rented houses and has split from her partner the social have sent a letter saying that her rent payments will be stopped as she is in full time education no explanation at all, we are very worried for her as she has no way of paying the rent and could find her self homeless, it seems a shame for her as she has done really well and when finished she should be able to get a well paid job surely there must be more to help her than that.

Nothing wrong with those rules.

There are hundreds of thousands of people on benefits who go in, sign the form and have no intention of getting a job.

Finally something is being done to stop it.

Well done to the Government.

And people will get a week off work if they're lucky, should one of their family actually die. So I don't see how your dad's situation would stop you from getting a job.

There's always an excuse with a jobless.

Why can't everybody view it with some common sense like this?

Chem you seem to know a bit about theses things,my daughter is in the last year of her study as a radiographer in full time education she has 3 kids aged 6 9 and 16 she has a rented houses and has split from her partner the social have sent a letter saying that her rent payments will be stopped as she is in full time education no explanation at all, we are very worried for her as she has no way of paying the rent and could find her self homeless, it seems a shame for her as she has done really well and when finished she should be able to get a well paid job surely there must be more to help her than that.

If she is a single parent she will be able to claim housing benefit, even if studying full time. The CAB can advise more on this.

The university also have funds set aside to help students in distress.

I'm not very clued up on the amounts of money available, but she can definitely claim HB and there are also tax free funds available from the university too. (I do believe student loan is classed as income for HB purposes.)

Is your daughter at Hallam?

https://students.shu.ac.uk/finance/forms/leaflets/Access%20to%20Learning%20Fund%20FT%20explanatory%20doc.pdf

Sheff;

http://www.shef.ac.uk/union/student-advice-centre/money/funding/access-to-learning-funds.htm

if not either of the above universities, google name of uni + "student hardship fund".

To be perfectly honest, if she is a single parent, becoming a self employed XYZ for 16 hours a week and claiming tax credits might be the best strategy.

Why can't everybody view it with some common sense like this?

If somebody got an hour shift and earnt £60 they would lose £55 of dole. not till UC comes in, in 2013, will they have their MDR reduced to a mere 65%, and only lose £39. (Be £21 better off instead of a fiver - when travel to work costs god knows how much in the first place).

Only when work pays (the carrot), do you punish (give the stick to) those avoiding work.

A donkey needs carrot aswell as stick. Stick without carrot doesn't work!

That is absolutely right. I see a lot of sanctions when i do my volunteer job.

90% of them are for the immigrants that are claiming jsa, and everyone of their sanctions are over ruled. THATS A FACT. IT STINKS. I have appealed its just a case of waiting. Incidentally two ad visors have said that my sanction should not have happend because of the circumstances with my dad.

Sorry to hear about your Dads problems. Take no notice of the idiots on here who say its great to stop peoples money for three years. Lets stop there money for three years see how they would get on. No doubt theses over the top rules will be used more for whats been said any little reason thats your money stopped. Watch while crime rises as a result. My advice here is to appeal you could try to claim ESA but its not easy. This country is fast becoming a new Third Reich and the crazy thing is some people cant see whats happening.

Edited by iron sky

Sorry to hear about your Dads problems. Take no notice of the idiots on here who say its great to stop peoples money for three years. Lets stop there money for three years see how they would get on. No doubt theses over the top rules will be used more for whats been said any little reason thats your money stopped. Watch while crime rises as a result. My advice here is to appeal you could try to claim ESA but its not easy. This country is fast becoming a new Third Reich and the crazy thing is some people cant see whats happening.

I agree on only one point in your statement, Yes we are idiots but idiots for putting up with having to prop up the work shy. I say long overdue and keep em coming benefits are to help the needy, not a right for the spongers