Does anyone remember Gertrude Street?

Hi John,

Ian Moffatt, Whitely Woods , any bells ?

ciao

Barts1,I know its an old topic but you are correct on the Maltbys,they are friends of mine.

---------- Post added 23-05-2015 at 19:49 ----------

are you Ian Moffit who worked at Swanns.

Hi BullerboY

Yes the same, up to retiring, are or were you at swans ?

Barts1,I know its an old topic but you are correct on the Maltbys,they are friends of mine.

---------- Post added 23-05-2015 at 19:49 ----------

are you Ian Moffit who worked at Swanns.

My Relations are Denise Maltby and family plus Baker and Green all lived on Jenkinson street Woolen Lane and Daniel Hill

you know me Ian my wife was Ann in the office.Wynne,Muriel Denises mother was a good friend of ours .

I am John footitt and I would be interested in who you are

I have a 1967 68 Sheffield Street Guide which lists Gertrude St, 21 Thirza St to Langsett Rd, Thirza St is familier to me I had a Aunt lived on there and visited her a lot when I was a kid, I am not sure about what they called the cinema but there was one at the top of Wood St Langsett road I all so had a Grandma lived at 1 Court 1 Langsett rd down a entry opposite the Salvation Army building

Hi John,

Ian Moffatt, Whitely Woods , any bells ?

ciao

Hello Ian,It's been a long time.Are the bells about Morris dancers. If.

Hi John,

Yes it is a long time, what do you mean about 'Morris Dancers' y'r not one of them are you, where abouts are you living? I'm up in Crookes in Sheffield, not a million miles from Gertrude St , Thanks for the reply if you want to PM me its [email protected] look forward to a chat sometime .

Ciao Ian

Wow, so people really lived there.I was born 15/12/1968 at the ngh and lived here with my mum and dad until i was 2 and moved to wolfe road/foxhill.my dad-raymond hodgson/mum nee linda burns.my name ian hodgson