Private Parking Companies And Their Illegal Car Park Signs In Sheffield

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moosey

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eckolad

Unfortunately a lot of solicitors dont know much about private tickets/contract law etc

You're joking right?!

It's basic contract law, which we do during our degree, and then during our main training. Contract law and civil law are so linked that most people choose to do either contract/civil or business law and that's their career.

I could bore you on validity of contracts until you cried!

qid pro quo, thst is the basic tennent of all contracts and thats where thes3 ppc's fall over in court!!

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

Intentionally or not, you've got one of the key points that's often missed there.

Intentionally or not, you've got one of the key points that's often missed there.

Consideration. I mentioned earlier I used to teach this. It was to higher level sports students and I used to make a contract to race them around the block, them choosing their best runner and me (at that time fat,overweight and over fifty).

They never saw the catch and poured over the "contract" till they had everything in their minds.

Then I pointed out I said I would race them - not that I would win.......

But consideration is a good one.