Private Parking Companies And Their Illegal Car Park Signs In Sheffield

You're being a courteous motorist. A dying breed.

I always thought driving to the speed limits and following the highway code and rules of parking was the easiest way to go, but it seems I was wrong. I should be driving like I own the roads and the places I park and ignore all signs and relish all the debt letters which come through the door.

No one has an issue with paying for parking (although i do admit i didnt pay at the Jessops at the weekend , but this was to see if Excel would still "Invoice" me even though they are banned form using the DVLA database). What people Do have a problem with is cowboys private parking companies trying to threaten and intimidate motorists into paying vast amounts of money which are nothing to do with parking management ,and more about using motorists to generate vast amounts of money for their companies.

PPC`s try to deceive the public into believing that their "Invoices" are fines and enforceable ,then threaten motorists with everything from court action ( which wont happen as the PPC loses any case they take to court) , bailiffs,again which wont happen , fake solicitors letters ,.

Tell me , are you happy with these private parking companies operating in this way ? These companies have been exposed for what they are on TV consumer shows such as Watchdog many many times. I think its only right and proper that PPC`s are exposed by the media so the message gets across to as many motorists as possible that any "Invoices" issued by these people are worthless, have no standing in Law ,and should not be paid. Its obvious that more and more motorists are getting the message about these people ,and are refusing to pay these "Invoices".

Any letters you receive in the post are NOT debt letters , they are attempts to intimidate people into paying worthless "Invoices". you cannot incur a debt from an invoice that has no value.

Edited by Penistone999

Tell me , are you happy with these private parking companies operating in this way ?.

Y'see they don't bother me 'cos I park where and how I am asked to by the owner/operator of the car parks...I also don't park on "spare land" 'cos it usually isn't..I appear to have been untroubled by these companies for the past 30 odd years..is there a link do you think?

No one has an issue with paying for parking (although i do admit i didnt pay at the Jessops at the weekend , but this was to see if Excel would still "Invoice" me even though they are banned form using the DVLA database).

I think this says a lot about you to go to these lengths, and I wonder what the rest of your driving style and habits are like. How about getting a worthwhile hobby?

If you're already known to Excel then perhaps they already have your details and wouldn't need the DVLA.

Tell me , are you happy with these private parking companies operating in this way ?

Why should I care how they operate? I don't fall foul of their rules so they don't bother me. Just like security guards, traffic wardens and the police. If they keep the parking spaces free for genuine users, I've no problem with their work.

And no one ,myslef included would have any issue with that . The issue people have is with these private parking cowboys and the tactics they use to try and intimidate and threaten people into paying a charge to them which is nothing to do with a parking fine ,its just an attempt at boosting their companys profits .

If you would have no issue with paying to park, then why not just pay to park now.

At the moment you see that excel is the enforcement for a car park (and so you claim) then deliberately don't pay.

Actually Penistone999 I think we get the message. If we're faced with a ticket for whatever reason from one of these 'cowboy' companies, we all now know, it's not enforceable. So we won't pay it. Unless of course someone is so public spirited they choose to pay having been found guilty of some heneous crime in relation to parking where they shouldn't.

Despite what the notices declare, we know they can't 'clamp' any more! We know that too!

End of discussion really! {shrugs shoulders}

Y'see they don't bother me 'cos I park where and how I am asked to by the owner/operator of the car parks...I also don't park on "spare land" 'cos it usually isn't..I appear to have been untroubled by these companies for the past 30 odd years..is there a link do you think?

No one has an issue with the landowner of car parks , its the Operator who is the issue here. Their signage in car parks stating by parking there you agree to enter into a contract with them is simply wrong and very misleading. If i put a sign at the end of my farm lane saying " by parking on my lane you agree to a contract to pay me £100 " , it dosnt mean its a binding contract , it means nothing , its worthless.

No one has an issue with the landowner of car parks , its the Operator who is the issue here. Their signage in car parks stating by parking there you agree to enter into a contract with them is simply wrong and very misleading. If i put a sign at the end of my farm lane saying " by parking on my lane you agree to a contract to pay me £100 " , it dosnt mean its a binding contract , it means nothing , its worthless.

I pay the amounts indicated on the signs....I don't overstay,I don't park where I am asked not to...if I think the price is a bit high I'll go elsewhere..if there is no "elsewhere" then I just have to grin and bear it...you seem to be getting in a lather trying to prove a point...do you expect to park for free everywhere? You're the making of your own problems in my view..

No one has an issue with paying for parking (although i do admit i didnt pay at the Jessops at the weekend , but this was to see if Excel would still "Invoice" me even though they are banned form using the DVLA database).....

So in order to get a smug feeling of satisfaction by not paying a fine/invoice/worthless piece of paper it is ok to deprive a hospital of a little income?

So in order to get a smug feeling of satisfaction by not paying a fine/invoice/worthless piece of paper it is ok to deprive a hospital of a little income?

But the hospital don't get the income..

Why should I care how they operate? I don't fall foul of their rules so they don't bother me. Just like security guards, traffic wardens and the police. If they keep the parking spaces free for genuine users, I've no problem with their work.

Typical of todays attitudes- you don't mind if a company deceives, rips-off and intimidates people, as long as it doesn't affect you directly.

I don't drive myself, so nothing Ecell or the other cowboys do affects me either- I still see that it's wrong.

I should imagine to clamp a car is now illegal but the signs are or not just hot air threats that no one takes any notice of really, just there to try and stop people taking the Micky and parking anywhere they like, I bet this clamping ban has really hit them in the pocket, they have only the sticking tickets on your window-screen to pester you out of a few quid left, I heard a story that some of them have started blocking cars in with there vans to get money out of people.

Like he clearly explained in his post- he did it to see if the company were breaking the law- IMO, a good reason and, indeed, a public service.