Private Parking Companies And Their Illegal Car Park Signs In Sheffield

As we all know ,since the 1st of October this years it has been illegal for private parking companies to clamp vehicles on private land( IE, the car parks they are contracted to run). Now over the weekend ive seen two car parks run by private parking companies where their signage still has signs stating that vehicles parked illegally will be clamped ,and a release fee will apply to remove the clamp. Now either these parking companies are either breaking the law and basically sticking two fingers up to the Government because they have had they clamps taken off them ,or have been given a length of time to remove these blatantly misleading and legally wrong signs.

The first car park i witnessed these signs all around the car park was at the Jessops Hospital where i was visiting over the weekend. This car park is run by our good friends at Excel parking . The other place where illegal signage is clearly on show was at a new appartment complex in sheffield where i went to view an appartment im looking to buy.The appartment comes with an allocated parking space. I saw the same illegal signage , large signs clearly stating liiegally parked vehicles will be clamped, and a £100 release fee will be charged. This car park is run by UK-CPS .

Two different parking companies, two car parks with the same illegal signage. Now im not sure if the Legislation outlawing clamping gives these private parking companies a deadline to remove these signs, but what is certain is that signage warning of an illegal clamping practice is still being displayed by private parking companies.

Ive Emailed Excel parking and UK-CPS and asked them when they intend to remove these signs stating they will commit a now illegal act ,so i will let you know if i receive a reply , although i wont hold my breath ,as these people dont like their activities being Questioned ,and presently their profits are taking a massive hit due to the clamping ban ,so they might not like someone Questioning their car park signs. :hihi::hihi:

Is it illegal to put up a sign saying that a car will be clamped?

I would have thought so seeing as clamping itself is now illegal on private property ,which includes all car parks run by private parking companies. So i would think that putting up a sign stating your intention to commit a criminal offence ,is in itself a criminal offence.

Is it illegal to put up a sign saying that a car will be clamped?

It's a bit like "Trespassers will be prosecuted" isn't it? Trespass is a civil offence so you can't really be prosecuted for it ( I don't think anyway) but the signs aren't illegal...

So i would think that putting up a sign stating your intention to commit a criminal offence ,is in itself a criminal offence.

So you don't know if it is or not?

It's a bit like "Trespassers will be prosecuted" isn't it? Trespass is a civil offence so you can't really be prosecuted for it ( I don't think anyway) but the signs aren't illegal...

But clamping is now a Criminal offence ,so any signs are surely illegal. ?

.... The other place where illegal signage is clearly on show was at a new appartment complex in sheffield where i went to view an appartment im looking to buy.The appartment comes with an allocated parking space. I saw the same illegal signage , large signs clearly stating liiegally parked vehicles will be clamped, and a £100 release fee will be charged. This car park is run by UK-CPS . ....

Slightly off your intended topic, but what do you propose to do if someone else starts using your allocated parking space?

I could put up a sign to say whatever I want - doesn't mean it has any legal status.

Why? If I put up a sign saying "trespassers will be eaten" and display a picture of a large dog would that be illegal? Genuine question..

Don't forget excel now banned from dvla data

I would have thought so seeing as clamping itself is now illegal on private property ,which includes all car parks run by private parking companies. So i would think that putting up a sign stating your intention to commit a criminal offence ,is in itself a criminal offence.

I doubt that signage is illegal, the action of clamping has been made illegal, not AFAIK signs that threaten you with it.

As we all know ,since the 1st of October this years it has been illegal for private parking companies to clamp vehicles on private land( IE, the car parks they are contracted to run). Now over the weekend ive seen two car parks run by private parking companies where their signage still has signs stating that vehicles parked illegally will be clamped ,and a release fee will apply to remove the clamp. Now either these parking companies are either breaking the law and basically sticking two fingers up to the Government because they have had they clamps taken off them ,or have been given a length of time to remove these blatantly misleading and legally wrong signs.

The first car park i witnessed these signs all around the car park was at the Jessops Hospital where i was visiting over the weekend. This car park is run by our good friends at Excel parking . The other place where illegal signage is clearly on show was at a new appartment complex in sheffield where i went to view an appartment im looking to buy.The appartment comes with an allocated parking space. I saw the same illegal signage , large signs clearly stating liiegally parked vehicles will be clamped, and a £100 release fee will be charged. This car park is run by UK-CPS .

Two different parking companies, two car parks with the same illegal signage. Now im not sure if the Legislation outlawing clamping gives these private parking companies a deadline to remove these signs, but what is certain is that signage warning of an illegal clamping practice is still being displayed by private parking companies.

Ive Emailed Excel parking and UK-CPS and asked them when they intend to remove these signs stating they will commit a now illegal act ,so i will let you know if i receive a reply , although i wont hold my breath ,as these people dont like their activities being Questioned ,and presently their profits are taking a massive hit due to the clamping ban ,so they might not like someone Questioning their car park signs. :hihi::hihi:

You are actually quite a boring twank that BANGS on and ON!!