Great double header Super Sunday, any predictions?

Looking forward to an afternoon with a few lagers in front of the TV tomorrow watch what I hope will be some very entertaining football with a good few goals, some terrific football and hopefully a bit of controversy as well.

A double header starting with a Merseyside derby which sees Everton at home as the best team in the City at the minute, Liverpool are nothing like the team we all know they have been over the years and Everton are hitting a peak and are playing some great football and have some great players.

Then we head to a tasty Chelsea and Manchester United affair, a game of the big guns, two of the super powers in English football. Both up there and both wanting the title, both have some quality players and both are capable of scoring goals. They've signed some impressive names between them over the summer. Lookinf forward to seeing Van Persie, Oscar, Hazard, Rooney, Welbeck and Torres all possibly on the same pitch.

So how about some predictions? I'm going for a double home win.

Everton 2 v 1 Liverpool

Chelsea 4 v 2 Man Utd

I've got to agree with the predictions, Man Utd and Liverpool just haven't done what either are capable of this year.

I'd be happy with those results too, I'm always happy when Liverpool lose in the league ;)

I've got to agree with the predictions, Man Utd and Liverpool just haven't done what either are capable of this year.

I'd be happy with those results too, I'm always happy when Liverpool lose in the league ;)

To be honest Robbie Liverpool have not don't anything league wise for donkeys, I'd like to see both Man Utd & Liverpool lose, and it pains me to see a team in blue win :hihi:

To be honest Robbie Liverpool have not don't anything league wise for donkeys, I'd like to see both Man Utd & Liverpool lose, and it pains me to see a team in blue win :hihi:

Even for Liverpool's poor league standard of late, they're doing especially bad.

Even for Liverpool's poor league standard of late, they're doing especially bad.

Yes they are, 2 good games this afternoon for once, shame though Man Utd win with an offside goal, and L'pool denied with a goal that wasn't offside.

Clattenburg has booked 2 players for diving, when neither dived.

Torres should have stayed on the pitch, Hernandez's goal should not have todo, bad bad officiating.

Clattenburg has booked 2 players for diving, when neither dived.

Torres should have stayed on the pitch, Hernandez's goal should not have todo, bad bad officiating.

Clattenburg is the comedian we all know he is, the Torres SO was terrible

one thing fergie wont be complaining about the ref

Just heard Ferguson being interviewed.

He just said Torres chose to go down. Can someone explain how you are supposed to stay upright when being wildly lunged at , and tripped by a defender. I also noticed he made no mention of Ashley Young chosing to go down under minimal contact.

The Torres decision was terrible but it did all happen a bit fast and torres did go up in the air slightly and give it a bit more momentum than it deserved which didn't help is cause, with the ref being behind it all it would have been extremely hard for him to see anything therefore in my opinion it is down to the linesman and if he doesn't give anything then the ref has to wave on advantage.

Watch it again here, there was contact, studs were up and went down his shin and it was a foul. Had the ref been in a suitable position he would have given the foul which would have seen evans walk. Hes bottled that one as he obviously hasn't seen enough.

Bad decision which needs rescinding, obvious contact on replay therefore can not issue a second yellow. Too little too late in regards to the result for chelsea however.

torres unfortunately is a victim of his own prior "history" as he is a known diver and is very dramatic when he does so, he doesnt go down, he throws himself down with a twist. on occasion now he will be thought to be acting.

having watched the full match the ref was inline behind him and had a good view, contact was made (minimal) and rio ferdinand was closer to the ball that torres had nutmegged through, so would have got there first. torres took chance to make it a free kick instead and went down heavily for minimal contact, he could have stayed on his feet.

the first sending off was fully justified, last man with a clear view on goal, so chelsea can have no complaints on that. the winning goal looked like hernandez was coming back from a slight offisde position. luck evens out in the end, anyone remember drogbas winning goal a few seasons back that shouldnt have been?

great match though overall, end to end.

torres was also very lucky to be on the pitch still at that point, he should have been sent off for the chest high foot up into cleverleys chest/arm which only got a yellow. utd had a penalty denied when a cross clearly hit luis arm in the box, so it pretty much evens out.