Fitness First Millhouses to close.

Just recieved a letter informing me as a member they will close from 30/11/12.

Sad news particularly for the staff hope they get jobs elsewhere.

Bet Virgin are rubbing their hands with 2 gyms nearby one nextdoor!

Reckon a few gyms will struggle to survive the recession.

Think any of the middle of the road gyms (middle of the road in terms of pricing - not a budget gym and not a high end gym) will be the most vunerable.

In about 5 years time I'd imagine Virgin will be going strong, perhaps one of the budget gyms and of course SIV.

SIV aren't bulletproof either with one of its biggest venues looking set to be closed in 2014(rumours but backed up by other things)

Not convinced that BOTH Virgin gyms can survive either with them being omly about a mile from each other although the fitnes first news will no doubt help.

SIV aren't bulletproof either with one of its biggest venues looking set to be closed in 2014(rumours but backed up by other things)

One of the City of Sheffield Athletics chiefs pretty much confirmed this on the radio a while back - if Don Valley Stadium closed, City of Sheffield could move to Woodbourn and there would be no disruption to training. In fact I'm sure he said he prefers Woodbourn over Don Valley.

Fitness First at Millhouses is going to become a Pure Gym and I've heard they would like it to be open 24/7. The reason it doesn't tell you that on the letter is because Fitness First and Pure Gym are not dealing with each other directly.

Fitness First at Millhouses is going to become a Pure Gym and I've heard they would like it to be open 24/7. The reason it doesn't tell you that on the letter is because Fitness First and Pure Gym are not dealing with each other directly.

Is this offical Walter or just rumour ?

Underground Fitness are offering a one month membership for December for just £26 for all new members - Fitness First Members welcome. No contract, no obligation. Just don't miss out on your training while you find what suits you as an alternative. P.T sessions from £10 and classes galore. All welcome http://www.underground-fitness.co.uk