Rotherham: free parking for xmas shoppers. Will Sheffield respond?

My English is good enough for most people on the Planet .

I originally asked about the Market Area if you can read that is.

By the way xmas should have a capital X basic int it!

But you still can't tell me what your question is.

My original conversation was with Gaza58, you came in with a comment, you have still not asked me a question.

Can you also point out where I have put xmas?

But you still can't tell me what your question is.

My original conversation was with Gaza58, you came in with a comment, you have still not asked me a question.

Can you also point out where I have put xmas?

You didn't Mucky Murphy did, so I apologise.

But please use the capital X its basic English is it not!

The Castle Market area has been seriously neglected by who ever plans Sheffield's shopping . The motive must be to appease the Moor Foot shops I.E. Atkinsons,etc.

Perhaps the funny hand shake club are involved.

So Rotherham council have just announced they will waive all parking charges in the town centre in the build up to Christmas, in a bid to cement their place as South Yorkshire's premier shopping centre.

Will SCC respond to it's plucky upstart neighbour, or will its ideological hatred of motorists continue to cause Sheffield's decline into a retail backwater?

Can't for the life of me see why SCC would want to encourage cars into the town centre. They've spent millions of poundsworth of taxpayers money on making the town centre as car unfriendly as possible!! Whats more they've been successful. Sheffield town centre is desolate, whilst Meadowhall and Crystal peaks are heaving!!

I think personally if Sheffield DOES decide to respond in kinda, they should impose a time restriction, maybe no more than 4 hours. More than enough time to do your shopping IMO.

The reason I say this has already been stated in the thread. If there's no fee or time limit you get city workers filling them up early doors.

Of course there's little chance of NCP etc temporarily lowering prices (don't expect free from them) over the Xmas period to help stimulate spending in the city centre.