Rotherham: free parking for xmas shoppers. Will Sheffield respond?

There is and you know it.

What are you talking about?

You said:

"Markets in the traditional areas that have been looked after and due to this are the main meeting areas in both towns."

That is a statement, not a question.

If you have a question, ask it, I can't give an answer if there is no question.

Is there any valid reason as to why the derelict land that blots the Moor ,and is earmarked for a new market sometime in the next 100 years, cant be used as a temporary car park to give extra city centre parking spaces for shoppers. ?

Shows how often you visit the city centre that you have so much to say about.

The new markets are already being built on that site, construction is well under way, the steel frame of the building is up.

A fact that has already been mentioned on this thread.

As myself and others have mentioned, there is an over supply of parking in the city centre, so why would anyone consider spending considerable amounts of taxpayers money on another car park?

What are you talking about?

You said:

"Markets in the traditional areas that have been looked after and due to this are the main meeting areas in both towns."

That is a statement, not a question.

If you have a question, ask it, I can't give an answer if there is no question.

O.k. Pedantic Planner! You know that I originally asked why the council have let the Markets area get into such a disgusting state and out of all the posts that you answer with your usual superior attitude you did not answer that one.

And you cannot as it is true.

O.k. Pedantic Planner! You know that I originally asked why the council have let the Markets area get into such a disgusting state and out of all the posts that you answer with your usual superior attitude you did not answer that one.

And you cannot as it is true.

If you're going to start having a go at people, at least learn basic English and also remember what you have posted. You stated a view, that isn't a question.

If you go back through the sequence of posts, you will find that you said both Barnsley and Doncaster were "better" than Sheffield and I asked what they had which was better than Sheffield, which led to your statement in post #66.

The Council are going to demolish the current markets building, why would they spend money on them if this is the case?

Probably because Rotherham has a proactive council that are looking at moving the town forward...?

Probably because Rotherham has a proactive council that are looking at moving the town forward...?

They really would struggle to move it any further back.

And like Barnsley ,they recognize that motorists form the majority of shoppers and visitors to the town center, and openly welcome motorists by making the town center as car friendly as possible.

If you're going to start having a go at people, at least learn basic English and also remember what you have posted. You stated a view, that isn't a question.

If you go back through the sequence of posts, you will find that you said both Barnsley and Doncaster were "better" than Sheffield and I asked what they had which was better than Sheffield, which led to your statement in post #66.

The Council are going to demolish the current markets building, why would they spend money on them if this is the case?

I was the one who said donny and barnsley are better than sheffield [ for shopping ] not neepsend.

So Rotherham council have just announced they will waive all parking charges in the town centre in the build up to Christmas, in a bid to cement their place as South Yorkshire's premier shopping centre.

Will SCC respond to it's plucky upstart neighbour, or will its ideological hatred of motorists continue to cause Sheffield's decline into a retail backwater?

SCC will respond..... with free....parking tickets to anyone who dares to xmas shop in sheffield.

And like Barnsley ,they recognize that motorists form the majority of shoppers and visitors to the town center, and openly welcome motorists by making the town center as car friendly as possible.

Do you have any figures that back that up? Looking at Barnsley Council's website http://barnsley.limehouse.co.uk/portal/development/planning/tcaap/tcaap?pointId=s1343307434394 it says;

"The challenge is to think about transport and the travel experience in a different way, and to avoid designing an environment that is dominated by the car. The Strategic Development Framework identifies the need to rethink our approach to transport within Barnsley. It sets out a movement hierarchy as follows:

•People with disabilities

•Pedestrians

•Cyclists

•Bus users

•Train users

Most of Barnsley town centre is pedestrianised and has been for years. The last major development there was the new bus station which opened about 6 years ago. A lot of Rotherham town centre is pedestrianised. It has a massive bus station and has a new train station. As you are unaware that the new market on our Moor is actually under construction but post that it isn't, I wonder whether your knowledge of Rotherham and Barnsley is equally ill-informed.

My English is good enough for most people on the Planet .

I originally asked about the Market Area if you can read that is.

By the way xmas should have a capital X basic int it!