Compact dslr camera experiences?

Hi

I'm looking to buy my first DSLR. I'm going travelling so am looking for something fairly light. I wondered if anyone has any experiences of the compact slr systems? I'm looking at the pentax q in particular. Alternatively, im happy to buy a standard dslr but want to be able to try them out in person and am probably looking for second hand/reconditioned.. Any advice about where to go? It has to be a shop as im paying on card.

Hi

I'm looking to buy my first DSLR. I'm going travelling so am looking for something fairly light. I wondered if anyone has any experiences of the compact slr systems? I'm looking at the pentax q in particular. Alternatively, im happy to buy a standard dslr but want to be able to try them out in person and am probably looking for second hand/reconditioned.. Any advice about where to go? It has to be a shop as im paying on card.

If you live in Sheffield Jennie I would recommend Harrison Cameras on London Road, you can also look at the used section on their website,

I do live in Sheffield, yes - I'll take a wander down there next week - exciting!

Jennie there is also usually a 12 month warranty as well with Harrison's used equipment. (ps: I don't work there I am just a customer)

Jennie there is also usually a 12 month warranty as well with Harrison's used equipment. (ps: I don't work there I am just a customer)

ha ha! That'd be brilliant for me - I've just had a look at their 2nd hand site - it looks really reasonable. I can't wait to go down have a play with the cameras!