Bowdenwood residents lose number 6 bus from their estate

Did you mean:

Brownwood, Brown, TX, USA

??????????

Its at the back of 3 feathers Prince of Wales Road

E;mail sent to T M Travel 23rd Oct at 3.55 pm

I see that you are to take over the bus route 4/6 which at present go via Darnall Prince of Wales Road Bowdenwood Crescent Mather Road/Littledale then onto town centre

could you please confirm or deny that you are continuing to acoomodate Bowdenwood Crescent.

response

Hi

The bus will not serve Bowdenwood

I am the person doing the petition and I have been informed by TM Travel it will not serve BOWDENWOOD

There is clearly a mistake on their website then....

So, if that is the case

1) how many people currently use the bus on that estate and are the fares collected likely to be enough to cover the costs of running the bus there?

2) Why wait until the week before the new service starts to run the petition rather than responding to the consultation that was held over the summer, like for example the people of Psalter Lane did?

They left it to late because of bad planning?

The plot thickens:

The consultation (http://www.sheffieldbuspartnership.co.uk) shows the bus as going round Bowdenwood, albeit as a number 4 rather than 6, and the post consulatation alteration list does not show any change here.

The new South Sheffield bus network map (http://www.travelsouthyorkshire.com/simplicity) shows a number 6 and 6A bus in the area, the 6 being the daytime service and operating via Bowdenwood with the 6A in the evening going straight up Prince of Wales Road.

Yet the timetable leaflet suggests the buses aren't going round Bowdenwood...

As for TM Travel, the news page on their website says the 6 is going via Bowdenwood, but their email says it isn't!

There is clearly a mistake on their website then....

So, if that is the case

1) how many people currently use the bus on that estate and are the fares collected likely to be enough to cover the costs of running the bus there?

2) Why wait until the week before the new service starts to run the petition rather than responding to the consultation that was held over the summer, like for example the people of Psalter Lane did?

Because I never knew that they had a consultation was never informed of one

probably between 4 and 10 there are only 2 stops on the estate goes off Prince of Wales Road and and onto Crescent and back on to Prince of Wales Road takes about 3 minutes at a push but whats it matter they are mostly pensioners so would not make em a big profit

Because I never knew that they had a consultation was never informed of one

probably between 4 and 10 there are only 2 stops on the estate goes off Prince of Wales Road and and onto Crescent and back on to Prince of Wales Road takes about 3 minutes at a push but whats it matter they are mostly pensioners so would not make em a big profit

I would suggest if two stops are yielding between 4 and 10 passengers on every trip for a 3 minute diversion then that is actually reasonable usage - should be enough to cover the extra fuel used!

If you weren't aware of the consultation then you may want to consider who you vote for at the next council election with this in mind.....

I also think ahead of your petition you should be writing to David Young, SYPTE's director of customer experience, to make your point, you probably have a good argument if you point out that you were promised a bus on the estate right up to the publication of the timetable.

Edited by Andy C

I would suggest if two stops are yielding between 4 and 10 passengers on every trip for a 3 minute diversion then that is actually reasonable usage - should be enough to cover the extra fuel used!

If you weren't aware of the consultation then you may want to consider who you vote for at the next council election with this in mind.....

I also think ahead of your petition you should be writing to David Young, SYPTE's director of customer experience, to make your point, you probably have a good argument if you point out that you were promised a bus on the estate right up to the publication of the timetable.

I have e;mailed the local councilors and it has been passed on to councilor

Leigh Bramall who is in charge of transport and he is looking into it and will get back to me I have also e;mailed the star, I would have done something sooner if I had known, I dont have a problem because I have a car but I feel strongly for the people who dont have transport. especially when the snow is on the ground, but thank you for your interest, PS I have over 200 signatures and been informed to send it to External Relations Broad street but will copy them in case they go missing

Regards Anne

Edited by NANNY
spelling error

In answer to your original question. No.

In answer to your original question. No.

no what ??

OK - copy and paste TM Travel website (the new number 6 will be operated by TM)

6 (Mon-Sun) New route in daytime Mon-Sat will run City- Littledale via Bowden Wood, and will no longer serve Staniforth Road, using Worksop Road instead. To City journeys will operate direct via Greenland Road

and will not serve Darnall Centre

It goes round Littledale, but it DOES NOT go round Bowden wood Creasent - Look at the map.

No, the bus companies arn't bothered about passengers.