Bowdenwood residents lose number 6 bus from their estate

Do bus companies have any thought for passengers? the number 6 bus has been rerouted leaving anybody on the Bowdenwood and Halsall estates having to walk to Prince of Wales road to catch it.

This will be a real hardship for old and infirm people who will have to carry their shopping a long way.On dark nights this could prove hazardous.

The Bus is running round Bowdenwood, I saw it this morning. Thanks to everybody who added information to this post.

Slightly confused when I got on the number 6 this morning. The driver explained the route to everyone as he was driving however it makes no sense going onto Worksop Road instead of Staniforth Road. To his credit he did revert to the old route as one passenger was intending to get off near Darnall Pharmacy and the new route goes straight down past Greenland Road (closest to B&Q) instead of the estate next to it so it was a nice gesture of him to take the old route to drop the passenger off at the doctors.

hi there as per my above post the bus is still running

TM Travel

6 (Mon-Sun) New route in daytime Mon-Sat will run City- Littledale via Bowden Wood, and will no longer serve Staniforth Road, using Worksop Road instead. To City journeys will operate direct via Greenland Road

and will not serve Darnall Centre

Must have been this thread that convinced them.

:DI have just received an E:mail from South Yorkshire Transport to inform me that they are going to continue to serve Bowdenwoon thanks to everyone who signed the petition

Hooray:D

:DI have just received an E:mail from South Yorkshire Transport to inform me that they are going to continue to serve Bowdenwoon thanks to everyone who signed the petition

Yay Congrats :)

Top stuff. .

My mum is a regular user of the bus service from Bowdenwood, and it would have been a big loss for her if this had ceased.

Thanks for your efforts with the the petition :thumbsup:

:love:Thanks S9 Owl, Joiner Andy, Gazitory and Loki44 for starting this thread and all the others for thier interest

Anne

I am the person doing the petition and I have been informed by TM Travel it will not serve BOWDENWOOD

Never came round my house to sign it

Never came round my house to sign it

Sorry Aardvark Perhaps you were out are you on Crescent

Anne

So someone who doesn't even use the bus service has started a petition demanding that it is kept?

Remember this next time you wonder why your council tax bill is so high...

YES! someone who cares about someone other than their selfs