Found - stuffed wallet

I remember some years ago a colleague found a bag in Marks that been left by a counter, containing a vast amount of money. She handed it in and it was claimed by a a man who was an insurance agent, the sum was over £6.000!!! She was late back from lunch and was more concerned about being told off!! She wouldn't accept a reward either.

At the asda at handsworth on the self service machines I have been behind people who have selected cash back a couple of times and forgot to take it so I in both cases shouted the people back and gave them there money !

In my opinion people have more than likely worked hard for that money and deserve the decency of others to give it back ! :)

Actually I was in Morrison's Hillsborough yesterday and somebody had left a tenner in the machine and a lady found it and instead of taking it she gave it to the assistant and the assistant was logging it with a manager.

I know it wasn't a huge amount of money but I found it heart warming that both the woman who found it and the assistant did the honest thing.

Thats the thing, Pup. I always think that it could be "me" who lost a tenner, and could I afford to lose it? Probably not, so I would hope some kind soul would hand it in. :)

i once found a purse with money in and left my details kept going bk to c if it had been claimed got to 6 weeks then went in said yes it had the shop said they called police and police tracked them down with a card that was in the purse never got a thankyou or anything from the shop or persons who purse was i think the shop kept it really in end

should have really taken it to the police, they would have been able to contact the owner much easier and no chance of it going missing.

:hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi:

Well given that theft by finding is a criminal offence I should think most people would have handed it in.

Hope the shop took your details cos after I think 3 months if it's not claimed it becomes the property of the finder, this is what happens if it is handed in to a police station

If it's got airline tickets in it, then it shouldn't be too hard for the Police (or anybody else) to trace the owner.

Call the airline. They will know who is flying on which flight and who owns a ticket with a given ticket number.

At the asda at handsworth on the self service machines I have been behind people who have selected cash back a couple of times and forgot to take it so I in both cases shouted the people back and gave them there money !

In my opinion people have more than likely worked hard for that money and deserve the decency of others to give it back ! :)

This happened to me battling with the "please remove item from bag, please place item in bagging area" and a child that insisted on putting his hand on the weighing area but unfortunately the scroat pocketed it, once i'd realised what i'd done i walked straight back into the store only for the security guard to tell me the scroat had passed me as i was walking back in and still did not have the decency to give it back!!!

Whilst shopping this afternoon my partner found a large wallet stuffed with cash and what looked like plane tickets. She of course handed it in at the customer services of the shop it was outside (it was on the trolleys). Money is always short for us as everyone else but i'm glad she did hand it in but it made me wonder - how many of us would have handed it in and how many would hve run?

I am sure it's mine, can you tell me which shop it was handed into so I can nip down and claim it. Just to make sure, can you tell me the colour as well .:loopy:

On a more serious note, well done for handing it in:thumbsup:, you can't buy honesty.

Angel.

I work in supermarket and the amount of complaints that are filed by customers who have witnessed people forgetting their cash at the machines (done it myself loads!) and the person behind not handing it in to the customer service desk. shocking.

I myself am maybe too honest and do always hand items in and informing people when their bags are open/ forgot their cards/ dropped something.

Cant believe don't do it these days. It is a crying shame.

Lets hope who evers it is reads the forum ey :)

I once forgot to take my cashback and got chased down by the next customer, so I'd happily return the favour if I saw it.

I do kinda agree with handing the wallet in at the police station, or just checking to see if the plastic drivers licence (with address) was in there.

With the wallet being 'stuffed' you never know what temptation might take the guy behind the cash desk.

I once forgot to take my cashback and got chased down by the next customer, so I'd happily return the favour if I saw it.

I do kinda agree with handing the wallet in at the police station, or just checking to see if the plastic drivers licence (with address) was in there.

With the wallet being 'stuffed' you never know what temptation might take the guy behind the cash desk.

Why is it any more likely to tempt him than it is to tempt you?