Found - stuffed wallet

Whilst shopping this afternoon my partner found a large wallet stuffed with cash and what looked like plane tickets. She of course handed it in at the customer services of the shop it was outside (it was on the trolleys). Money is always short for us as everyone else but i'm glad she did hand it in but it made me wonder - how many of us would have handed it in and how many would hve run?

I believe in karma, and like your partner have always handed in found items,including wallets, even if it ment just posting them at the nearest police station.

But am sure a "large" amount would test the best of us.

Well done all the same.

Whilst shopping this afternoon my partner found a large wallet stuffed with cash and what looked like plane tickets. She of course handed it in at the customer services of the shop it was outside (it was on the trolleys). Money is always short for us as everyone else but i'm glad she did hand it in but it made me wonder - how many of us would have handed it in and how many would hve run?

Good on ya:thumbsup: I can honestly say i would have done the same.

I'd have been worried that one of the shop staff had done a runner with it.

We did a similar thing many years ago - we found a purse with a wage packet and credit cards, we were on our way to the police station when the owners turned up.

They tried to offer us a reward but we didn't want it; eventually the shoved a fiver in one of our kid's hand - we bought then ice cream!

Hope the shop took your details cos after I think 3 months if it's not claimed it becomes the property of the finder, this is what happens if it is handed in to a police station

I'd have been worried that one of the shop staff had done a runner with it.

Yes, this has crossed my mind but hopefully now that it is in the public demain the person who lost it will be able to know what happened.

I said she should have taken it to a police station but i think that given the circumstances - plenty of cctv etc, it should be ok.

The only time I would keep money I have found is if it is impossible to trace the owner.

When I lived in Sheffield and cycled to work I would often see loose change at the side of the road especially near bus stops - of course, I picked it up!

Hope the shop took your details cos after I think 3 months if it's not claimed it becomes the property of the finder, this is what happens if it is handed in to a police station

Doh!!!!!

She didnt leave her name.

Karma though. Do good things abd good things happen.. Maybe she'll find a better partner.

should have really taken it to the police, they would have been able to contact the owner much easier and no chance of it going missing.

Actually I was in Morrison's Hillsborough yesterday and somebody had left a tenner in the machine and a lady found it and instead of taking it she gave it to the assistant and the assistant was logging it with a manager.

I know it wasn't a huge amount of money but I found it heart warming that both the woman who found it and the assistant did the honest thing.

The only time I would keep money I have found is if it is impossible to trace the owner.

When I lived in Sheffield and cycled to work I would often see loose change at the side of the road especially near bus stops - of course, I picked it up!

I wish I could find some money :(

I did once find 50p in the road near Hillsborough Park.