What qualification

If I'm honest, I'm doing a variety of courses as I don't know what I want to do.

I do my own acrylic nails which got me thinking about getting a qualification for my hobby.

Obviously I don't want to do a pointless course so what type of course do i need in order to work as a nail technician should I wish to?

Many thanks:)

Hi Felicity,

City College, the one on Granville Road has a variety of courses to do with hair and beauty. I do know that they offer a course to qualify as a nail technician. Google sheffieldcollege and follow the links:http://www.sheffcol.ac.uk/index.cfm?PID=eac44f4f-3f4d-44f7-919c-f135ed15ed7f&cmd=Course&Course=CDUBT2B

Good luck

Edited by Mister M

Hi thanks for reply.

Had problems with colleges because I already have a degree, priority is given to school levers.

I was thinking more online courses whilst doing experience. I just wondered what level the course has to be.

Thanks again

To find out what level of the course it needs to be so that you can practice successfully as a nail tecnician (or indeed if you have to have achieved a certain level) I'm not too sure. Careers guidance on Division Street or Learn Direct at the bottom of the Moor might be your starting place to find out & about online courses

Why think so small (literally)? Why not try and get on a painting course? You might find it more rewarding than painting nails and also do you really want to be around acetone fumes all day?