Norfolk Arms - what happened??

I had a good meal there, it was about 6 months ago so don't know if it's changed hands since. I think you should have complained at the time though

Wow, that's funny I was literally just looking at your Scirocco thread having owned various dubs in my time including two G60's, 4 valvers and currently a supercharged R32 engined mk2 Golf.

Would have liked to have helped you out but my life is obviously too sad.

afraid so. golf sounds interesting tho, id like mine to go round corners as well though.

Witch 1 are u talking about

Witch 1 are u talking about

Scroll up - it clearly says Ringinglow Road.

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

Nice views and reasonably priced beer mind, but never eaten there.

Hi, Steve from The Norfolk Arms (Ringinglow) here,

I've just been made aware of this thread through a link on our Facebook timeline. I have posted a response to the original poster on the Facebook thread, and would like to share it here, since the issue is in the public domain.

Hi ******,

Please accept my apologies, we're currently looking into this after the thread on Sheffield Forum was brought to our attention.

We launched a new menu on the day of your visit, but the Steak Burger and Steak & Ale pie that you had are both long term favourites, which we have served to a consistent high standard for several years. Any drop from our usual standards is taken seriously. The pies are made on site and the mixtures can occasionally be unevenly distributed - this is obviously an issue that we need to monitor with more care. The burger clearly wasn't cooked with the care required...again, this will be looked into.

I have spoken to the duty manager from Wednesday night, and she has told me that she would have taken further action at the time, but she wasn't aware of the issues with the pie and second burger, despite asking how they were when she cleared your table.

I would appreciate you giving us the chance to rectify the situation, and invite you to contact me by e-mail (steve@norfolkarms.com) or by private message on here to discuss this.

Apologies once again for your experience, I hope to hear from you soon.

Steve.

We always take complaints seriously as we have a good reputation and would like to maintain this. We appreciate any feedback, good or bad.

Not been there for ages. Lovely spot. Is it child friendly anyone?

Well behaved kids are welcome.

Taken mine often.

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

I saw Richard Hawley outside this pub the other week, that man gets around more than dog #@!t

We had the same "empty pie" issue when we went a year or so ago. My mother complained and it was replaced with another which did have some meat in it.

Unfortunately (for Steve the owner) we haven't been back. There are simply too many places serving good food to be messing around with ones that aren't up to scratch.

My daughter had her wedding there it was a big expensive let down for us food was awful not enough staff to cater for the wedding she had a great day but that was down to us and not the management at the Norfolk Arms at Ringinglow the owner not the manager never had the decency to contact her after admitting they were below standard they did tart the place up. after our wedding we will never go again

Hi, Steve from The Norfolk Arms (Ringinglow) here,

I've just been made aware of this thread through a link on our Facebook timeline. I have posted a response to the original poster on the Facebook thread, and would like to share it here, since the issue is in the public domain.

Hi ******,

Please accept my apologies, we're currently looking into this after the thread on Sheffield Forum was brought to our attention.

We launched a new menu on the day of your visit, but the Steak Burger and Steak & Ale pie that you had are both long term favourites, which we have served to a consistent high standard for several years. Any drop from our usual standards is taken seriously. The pies are made on site and the mixtures can occasionally be unevenly distributed - this is obviously an issue that we need to monitor with more care. The burger clearly wasn't cooked with the care required...again, this will be looked into.

I have spoken to the duty manager from Wednesday night, and she has told me that she would have taken further action at the time, but she wasn't aware of the issues with the pie and second burger, despite asking how they were when she cleared your table.

I would appreciate you giving us the chance to rectify the situation, and invite you to contact me by e-mail (steve@norfolkarms.com) or by private message on here to discuss this.

Apologies once again for your experience, I hope to hear from you soon.

Steve.

We always take complaints seriously as we have a good reputation and would like to maintain this. We appreciate any feedback, good or bad.

Thank you for reaching out Steve, I have sent you an email this morning.