Alleged No 10 links to paedophile ring

Lord Janner, politician in the eighties, has avoided prosecution. The CPS are saying he is too ill to stand trial. He is suffering from dementia. I wonder if this is the same sort of dementia that that Guinness multi-millionaire director managed to avoid jail with, and then made a sudden, miraculous recovery?

Police in Lecister say this decision is the wrong one. They are 'disappointed.' 25 children were involved, and they say they have a very good case that they feel would have resulted in a conviction.

Yet another whitewash. Are any of these abused people ever going to receive justice?

If he can prove dementia then there is no way he can stand trial, it would get thrown out. As I recall Ernest Saunders was convicted and then released when it seemed he was suffering from Alzheimers. They perhaps needed to be a bit more thorough with thier diagnoses (and when on recovery could he not be recalled to prison? That always bugged me.)

If he can prove dementia then there is no way he can stand trial, it would get thrown out. As I recall Ernest Saunders was convicted and then released when it seemed he was suffering from Alzheimers. They perhaps needed to be a bit more thorough with thier diagnoses (and when on recovery could he not be recalled to prison? That always bugged me.)

The police know this, yet they have called it 'The wrong decision' which suggests they think he is fit enough to stand trial.

Janner's dementia didn't prevent him from attending the Lords, and claiming his attendance allowance, until the police raided his home in 2013. He became strangely too ill to attend straight after that.

Janner's dementia didn't prevent him from attending the Lords, and claiming his attendance allowance, until the police raided his home in 2013. He became strangely too ill to attend straight after that.

I will bet Nuffields millions that if Lord Jenner lived on the Manor or Arbourthorne and was just plain Mr Jenner then he would be banged up good and proper by now.

Hmm strange that :suspect:

Hmm strange that :suspect:

According to They Work For You he made numerous contributions to the house between the time of his diagnosis and the time of the police raid. The last speech he made was just a few months before the raid.

Then they wonder why people keep calling it a cover up.

This decision was taken by the very top people at the CPS. Is that supposed to reassure us? Of course they backed up the dementia claim to avoid it coming to court - Establishment figures through and through.

Didn't Cameron say he would support the victims efforts to get justice? Well here's a chance for him to put his money where his mouth is. I think it's about time he publicly intervened, otherwise he's just as guilty as Margaret Thatcher who knew about Cyril Smith but still insisted on his receiving a knighthood.

Edited by Anna B

The police know this, yet they have called it 'The wrong decision' which suggests they think he is fit enough to stand trial.

I hardly think the police are going to be impartial in this. Of course they are going to want him to stand trial regardless.

Damn right!

Like I said on the other thread

He should be investigated regardless, just like everyone else under suspicion. It doesn't matter if he can't remember, or chooses not to, he'd probably deny everything anyway

He should be investigated regardless, just like everyone else under suspicion. It doesn't matter if he can't remember, or chooses not to, he'd probably deny everything anyway

It seems he is no different from Savile who was never convicted of a thing.

I hardly think the police are going to be impartial in this. Of course they are going to want him to stand trial regardless.

Why would you think that? Apart from what they have found out about him.