Alleged No 10 links to paedophile ring

MP Tom Watson has claimed there is evidence to prove a link to No 10 Downing Street. He says the paperwork exists that proves an aid to a previous prime minister was involved in a paedophile ring.

David Cameron said in Prime Ministers question time that it would be looked into.

Anyone who has followed the story of Hollie Grieg will not be surprised.

The mighty are starting to fall, and a lot of influential people are feeling worried.

Is this a new kind of revolution?

MP Tom Watson has claimed there is evidence to prove a link to No 10 Downing Street. He says the paperwork exists that proves an aid to a previous prime minister was involved in a paedophile ring.
It's still only hearsay, until and unless this evidence is produced/disclosed in relevant proceedings (or publicly, for that matter).

That bandwagon should be a good thing for those unfortunates who sufferred abuse, of course. But in the continued absence of actual evidence or charged persons, it's increasingly looking like new age McCarthyism all the same.

Getting ahead of yourself a bit, there? :rolleyes: Edited by L00b

MP Tom Watson has claimed there is evidence to prove a link to No 10 Downing Street.

He says the paperwork exists that proves an aid to a previous prime minister was involved in a paedophile ring.

David Cameron said in Prime Ministers question time that it would be looked into.

http://order-order.com/2012/10/24/tom-watson-alleges-westminster-paedophile-connections/

His "evidence" appears to be Edwina Currie’s autobiography.

The allegations against Morrison were known in 1998.

The mighty are starting to fall, and a lot of influential people are feeling worried.

I can't see why you think it might be.

And those who have read about the background to the Dunblane murders...and the report on that thats been made top secret

A number of posts have been removed. This is going to be a controversial topic and I would ask everybody to think very carefully about what they post. If you have relevent information the pass it to the police but don't speculate on here please.

The reason I say this is because one of the fundamental principles of our society, from Magna Carta onwards, is that we are all equal under the law.

This has been proved over and over to be untrue. Inequalities abound. You can get away with just about anything if you are rich and powerful enough.

Just as the banks were 'too big to fail,' some people are considered too powerful to be arrested for serious wrongdoing.

Now maybe the tide is beginning to turn.

Edited by mort
broken quotes

The reason I say this is because one of the fundamental principles of our society, from Magna Carta onwards, is that we are all equal under the law.

This has been proved over and over to be untrue. Inequalities abound. You can get away with just about anything if you are rich and powerful enough.

Historically, that's not the case.

Edward ll

James l

Henry Vl

Lady Jane Grey

Mary l

Charles l

Were all rich and famous - and they were all executed.

As were Algernon Sydney (politician) and James Scott (1st Duke of Monmouth.)

Stonehouse, Aitken, Archer, Chaytor, Devine, Illsley, Livingstone, Morley and perhaps a number of others have all been imprisoned for their criminal activities.

I doubt this scandal is going to 'go away' and I doubt (and sincerely hope) nobody is allowed to sweep it under the carpet.

The internet is the game changer here.

Once upon a time somebody like Holly Greig would try to report an offence at a police station, and told to move along dear.

Now, in our era of communication, we can blog / tweet, create facebook pages on alleged miscarriages of justices. The stories cant be stifled.

The Ted Heath & Ken Clarke stories on twitter and blogs last night was very interesting reading. Ive a feeling they may continue for some more time... ;)

I wonder if we will get through the night before someone blames it on Maggie?

I wonder if we will get through the night before someone blames it on Maggie?

He was her aide.

Historically, that's not the case.

Edward ll

James l

Henry Vl

Lady Jane Grey

Mary l

Charles l

Were all rich and famous - and they were all executed.

As were Algernon Sydney (politician) and James Scott (1st Duke of Monmouth.)

Stonehouse, Aitken, Archer, Chaytor, Devine, Illsley, Livingstone, Morley and perhaps a number of others have all been imprisoned for their criminal activities.

I doubt this scandal is going to 'go away' and I doubt (and sincerely hope) nobody is allowed to sweep it under the carpet.

Fair point, but I wonder why more MPs weren't convicted in the expenses scandal? For me this was the game changer and it still rankles. No matter how you look at it several more cases were clear cut deliberate frauds. Not only that, but the speaker of the house of commons who deliberately tried to keep it quiet and continually stood in the way of the freedom of information act by invoking the terrorism act, was actually elevated to the House of Lords.

I'm old enough to remember the Profumo Scandal, when he was forced to resign for lying to the house over the Christine Keeler affair. Can you imagine that happening now?

Blair deliberately lied to the house to start a war in which hundreds of thousands of people were killed, but has never been held to account. A green light to do as you please if ever there was one.

Paedophilia seems to be the only offence that gets the public's attention these days, and the only crime the rich and influential seem to fear being accused of.