Sign in to follow this  

Should Iran be bombed?

Originally posted by ridgeracer

Don’t mess about Nuke ‘em George :thumbsup:

You sound like Barbara Bush :D

I say yes But Only If There Is Clear Evidence That They Have Got Nuclear Weapons we dont the same mistakes as happened in iraq but wont bombing iraq encorage the muslim extremists to launch suicide attacks on the west ?

Originally posted by Daley

Whilst I agree with much of what you've said, when has kirky ever claimed to be pro-Israeli? I don't remember this.

Perhaps he's not, but in my personal experience there are a category of people who will try and justify us screwing up our own interests in order to further the cause of Israel.

Rarely do these people openly declare their sympathies for Israel, instead they espouse rubbish about it being the only democracy in the area.

I remember a classic episode of Question Time when someone asked Melanie Phillips the question of who she would be supporting in a hypothetical was between Britain and Israel, and boy did she duck the question.

I just cant equate how making enemies of the Arab world, who happen to sit on the largest reserves of oil can be in OUR interests.

Ofcourse there is a chance Kirky is just one of those in the gung-ho brigade who feel we should be invading the Iran regardless.

Personally, all this recent ramping up of attacks on Iran has probably got less to do with the threat of WMD's, than it has with Iran planning on selling oil in Euro's.

Israel is worried about the old adage what goes around comes around and hence was cheerleading the invasion of Iraq and Iran is next on its list of 'threats'.

Bottom line is that Iran is entitled to do what it is doing, and for the west to simply say we dont trust them (after the joke of Iraq, and its conniving with the Israeli's in its nuclear weapons program) is frankly tosh.

That comparison is a bit thin don’t you think!

On one hand you have George Bush a democratically elected leader.

Bush is not democratically elected as the latest election is a continuation of the rigged first elction. Blatant cronyism in the courts, nepotism and ballot halting scraped him in the first time. I thought this was well known and it should be to anyone discussing world politics.

Wasn't the Iranian president democratically elected ?

I just understand how warmongers who happen to have been elected are somehow blessed by God to spread war, whilst those who dont belong to Labour/Tory/Republican/Democrat are just evil.

Sorry I forgot to add Likud to the list of sanctified democratic parties.

dear modern thinkers,

i would like to encourage to use your minds before engaging in a discussion without boundaries. why is the so-called "west" taking incentives on behalf of Iran, for it not to be nuclearized or even for it be another "Iraqi nightmare?" i would like to say that this will not be another Cold War, for there exist 30 nuclear powers world-wide; the nuclear powers are not only fund andconsiderate of their resources, but are also considerate of other country's resources as well. You must remember that Iran is not only the second leading "oil-tank" in the middle-east, but is also the leading "natural-gas-tank," amongst the many! there exist other alternative; alternatives considering diplomatic strategies and of course IMMEDIATE DETERRENCE through psychological threat. Next time you consider this topic, i ask of you to consider "world peace;" a world were NOONE has to suffer.

regards,

SiaVasH G.

Leave it to the UN and let's just hope they grow some balls before Iran continue doing the programme. Iran has already told the UN to go forth so something has got to happen.

The same policies used to invade Iraq will be adopted for Iran ,there dammed if they do have ,and there dammed if they don't .Either way the west will be in.