How unlucky would you class yourself scale 1-10

On a scale from 1 - 10, 1 being very unlucky and 10 being very lucky where would you class yourself and why?

So here goes I'd class myself as 3 as unfortunate things seem to happen to me e.g when the Iceland volcano erupted 5 minutes before I was due to fly costing me £1000's

My father's motto says "If it weren't For my bad luck, I'd have no luck at all!"

Im pretty sure you make your own luck......

You make your own luck in the sense that if you work hard at school you'll end up with a career, if you don't you'll end up with a job. However there is the luck of random chance. In my twenties a friend and I both moved into different shared houses. His contained two attractive women, one of whom became his girlfriend. Mine contained two unattractive women, one of whom was a loud oddball with a drink problem who eventually stopped paying rent for which we were all liable. Of course these women appeared normal before I signed up.

Do people feel more lucky if the economy is doing well? Is our sense of luck correlated with how our society is doing. In other words, is lucky really all about luck? I think this is an interesting question because the way we feel about our luck is very much influenced by our surroundings.

10. Life's pretty good ... far better than the alternative, anyway. .

I've got to agree with this plus the other comments about making your own luck.

One thing I've noticed is that people who consider themselves unlucky tend to dwell on the negative things that have happened to them whilst those at the other end of the scale are more upbeat about life and its possibilities.

Just my opinion, no facts or links to back it up. :)

My father's motto says "If it weren't For my bad luck, I'd have no luck at all!"

Funny you should say that PT, I was told that by a work colleague after my latest health problems :)

I'm happy,healthy,got a good family so I'd go for 10 I think..

Usually 9. Usually I have a lovely life. It's just that in August I lost my job due to my boss being cheating, lying scum two weeks before my wedding. Then my grandma died the evening before, so it was cancelled, and now I'm having tests for breast cancer. I don't normally understand people who look forward to NYE because I thought they were wishing their lives away, but 2012 can kiss my bum.

I don't even believe in luck tbh, but I sure as hell feel around the 1-1.5 mark at the moment!

I'm clearly hosting a huge self pity party if anyone wants to join in!! :hihi:

I believe the same as a few others that you make your own luck but inevetitably in life you get setbacks its how you deal with them thats important,mostly I,ve been lucky I think things turn out for the best in the long run!.I used to tell my mates I was unlucky,that if I had been born a triplet to Dolly Parton I would have been the one who ended up sucking his thumb!.:hihi::hihi::hihi: