Cooking smell coming from next door.

If you have any cold voids in your house - like a loft or an underfloor space, I wouldn't positively ventilate your house. This will push warm air into the loft and under the floor. It will then cool and any moisture in it will condense causing possible damp problems.
True enough, if a significant flow of air can get into the loft. It could add to the heating bills too. However, we're not talking about a hurricane, just enough to keep the smells out.

Well someone's finally been to look in their kitchen and it appears they've put their own extractor fan in and then connected the cooker hood upto it with a pipe and it's a bit of a bodge job and they may have broken into the cavity so every time they have their fan on its coming into our property via the cavity wall. It makes sense and an electricians coming out on Monday to look at it to sort it out fingers crossed. What will he actually have to do though? And how can you connect a cooker hood to an extractor fan in the first place?.

Well someone's finally been to look in their kitchen and it appears they've put their own extractor fan in and then connected the cooker hood upto it with a pipe and it's a bit of a bodge job and they may have broken into the cavity so every time they have their fan on its coming into our property via the cavity wall. It makes sense and an electricians coming out on Monday to look at it to sort it out fingers crossed. What will he actually have to do though? And how can you connect a cooker hood to an extractor fan in the first place?.

Quite easily, if you do it right! My neighbours installed a cooker hood linked to an extractor fan, so now the buggers torment me with the smell of their chips cooking!

I would imagine that there's some sort of leak in the pipe that should go through the wall cavity to the extractor fan, perhaps where they meet.

Hopefully, the electrician will sort it out properly for you.

How would you connect it though? Do you need a particular type of cooker hood?