Top Star Special

This may be already covered in a topic but does anyone or own any copies of the Top Star Special?

I would love to know especially if there are any photographs of The Nocturnes/Who's Who?

Hi Zeke

Have you tried John Firminger(not sure if I have the correct spelling. I know someone else who was looking for photo's of bands from the 60's & I believe John has most copies of Tio Star Special.

I have John's book, 'Not Like a Proper Job', because I'm in it, but I have no idea how to get in touch with him although I have tried.

Hi Zeke

Forum member Billy D may be able to help you. If you can't find him through the forum let me know & I may be able to assist you. But I am sure when a few people on the forum read your post, someone will know how to contact John.

Any help would be appreciated Janet.

Hi Zeke

It may take me a little while but I will see if I can contact him through Billy D. But in the meantime, I am sure someone on the forum will know where to contact John.

Keep the great posts coming Zeke

Hi Zeke

Have you tried John Firminger(not sure if I have the correct spelling. I know someone else who was looking for photo's of bands from the 60's & I believe John has most copies of Tio Star Special.

yes he has

Hi,

I'm a post-grad student at the University of Sheffield. I'm doing research into youth culture in Sheffield from the early 1960s to the mid 1980s. I know that there are no archived versions of the Top Star Special (which is such a shame!) and I'd be really interested in having a look at them. If anybody does know how to contact John Firminger then I'd be so grateful if you could let me know! I've done numerous searches and come across places to buy his books, but nowhere to contact him!

Thanks very much

Hello sarahkenny,

I am in the same situation, I know John's email address but that's it, I know about the books but I cannot afford to buy them.

If there is anything I can tell you about the Sheffield music scene I will be glad to help.

I have plenty of photographs of my band and I have written an autobiography and I would be happy to send you the section of it which relates to the Sheffield scene.

Hi zeke,

That would be much appreciated! I will PM you some more details about my research.

This may be already covered in a topic but does anyone or own any copies of the Top Star Special?

I would love to know especially if there are any photographs of The Nocturnes/Who's Who?

I'm also very keen to find archived copies of Top Star Special. I was in a Barnsley group called The Steppes in the mid-60s and there was a photo and short article about us in TSS that I would love to get a copy of.

If anyone has anymore information, I would welcome it.