Does the bible mention Mohammed (the last prophet of Islam) ?

You mean like linking to something like hopenothate....the passages are there they have been taken from the scriptures ,If I where to trawl through the book you would get the same verses so what does it matter what link I get them from ,they're not going to change are they,if that's you're only argument on the content of the verses its very very weak and straw clutching.

What does the word 'context' mean to you Glam?

I'll take that as a 'No, I cannot provide you with quotes from the Quran without doing so out of context' then.

Didn't think so.

It's amazing that even the obviously biased site you have chosen can only achieve highlighting the fact that the Quran says 'unbelievers' will be punished and not 'Jews' as a matter of course . If it wasn't so pathetic it would be funny.

Btw, if you don't want your words taken literally either don't say them or qualify the context as not doing so on a discussion forum doesn't make debate very easy.

Jews, Christians does it matter,you have just highlighted yourself the muslim belief in religious supremacy,the difference is though the Jews seem to get the worst of it.

What does the word 'context' mean to you Glam?

What does it mean to you ?The pro muslim faction can,if possible, provide links in or out of context to suit their agenda,the difference is the statements are there in their religious scriptures which by its construction doesnt leave a great deal of room for taking much out of context ,maybe why the aforesaid links to denials are few and far between

You mean like linking to something like hopenothate....the passages are there they have been taken from the scriptures ,If I where to trawl through the book you would get the same verses so what does it matter what link I get them from ,they're not going to change are they,if that's you're only argument on the content of the verses its very very weak and straw clutching.

Why is it weak and staw clutching?

You claim the verses say Muslims hate Jews, they don't, all they do is say Allah will punish unbelievers.

As Believers in Islam include Christians and Jews is stands to reason (and up to context) that when the Quran relates to Jews being punished it relates not to the race but to those who don't follow their scriptures - this is further shown by this being exactly what the Quran actually says.

The people you have linked to has summarized and highlighted both without taking the context into account and without providing evidence for what you claim the Quran says.

- if you 'trawled through' the book yourself you may actually understand the context better rather than just taking random verses that 'appear' to say something they clearly don't.

Jews, Christians does it matter,you have just highlighted yourself the muslim belief in religious supremacy,the difference is though the Jews seem to get the worst of it.

No.

What I highlighted was that the Quran says 'unbelievers' - whether Muslim, Christian or Jew in relation to people of the book - who pay 'lip service' without following the scriptures they have been given will be punished, by God, in the next life.

That is the Muslim perspective, the only difference between the Muslim and the Christian/Jew perspective is that the Muslim one includes all three religions - that is it says all three religions are capable of recieving the rewards offered by God for service - whereas the other two claim it only for themselves.

Why is it weak and staw clutching?

You claim the verses say Muslims hate Jews, they don't, all they do is say Allah will punish unbelievers.

As Believers in Islam include Christians and Jews is stands to reason (and up to context) that when the Quran relates to Jews being punished it relates not to the race but to those who don't follow their scriptures - this is further shown by this being exactly what the Quran actually says.

The people you have linked to has summarized and highlighted both without taking the context into account and without providing evidence for what you claim the Quran says.

- if you 'trawled through' the book yourself you may actually understand the context better rather than just taking random verses that 'appear' to say something they clearly don't.

So what you are saying is Muslims dont hate Jews..O K we'll leave it at that then ...Im just going to book a flight to Israel to pass that important message on .I wonder how long the laughter will be among the israelis....and indeed among the Palestinians if I care to step over the border with the same message.

So what you are saying is Muslims dont hate Jews..O K we'll leave it at that then ...Im just going to book a flight to Israel to pass that important message on .I wonder how long the laughter will be among the israelis....and indeed among the Palestinians if I care to step over the border with the same message.

Instead of trying immensly unsuccessfully to be witty why don't you go to the Quran and show us where it says Muslims should hate Jews according to that particular book, which is the claim you made?

I'm saying that you're up to your old trick of tarring everyone with the same brush.

Saying 'Muslims hate Jews' as if it were a fact is just as stupid as saying 'all Westerners are evil', 'all blacks are subhuman' or 'all homosexuals must die'.

It really reduces you, every time you do it.

Edited by Halibut

What does it mean to you ?The pro muslim faction can,if possible, provide links in or out of context to suit their agenda,the difference is the statements are there in their religious scriptures which by its construction doesnt leave a great deal of room for taking much out of context ,maybe why the aforesaid links to denials are few and far between

Context is everything.

I know this was addressed to fish face but I'm just going to jump in and say

1. I'm not pro Muslim, and

2. I agree, it doesn't leave much room for taking it out of context, as long as you're reading it in context to begin with - picking and choosing verses to fit into what you already think is not reading it in context.

That's why people who read it in context don't come to the opinion that Muslims should hate Jews - because that's not what it says.

By the way havent any of you noticed that when the subject of anti semitism comes up on one of these threads the muslim posters are noticeable by their absence..I wonder why