Does the bible mention Mohammed (the last prophet of Islam) ?

Hmmm. Except that Moses and Abraham are mythical. The jury is still out on David, Jesus and Mohammed. There may have been real historical figures on who the stories are very loosely based, or or they may also be completely mythical.

Robin Hood for instance.

"Does the bible mention Mohammed (the last prophet of Islam) ?"

Honestly, does anyone really care?.

Angel.

I've answered your questions a number of times and provided links ands references, but you don't seem to be interested in either my responses or my sources. That's fine, you don't owe me anything, including an acknowledgement.However, just in case you're struggling with the points I've made or the resources I've provided, here's my last attempt to direct you towards something useful and informative.

The Bible

The Koran

I would heartily encourage anyone seeking to understand these two books to visit both sites.

My apologies I am.notnignoring you. I haven't send it if you could pm me the link.please. that would be great. Looks like everyone not talking about so subject so I may have.missed your post.

Robin Hood for instance.

Indeed. Or King Arthur.

Socrates and The Socratic Problem strike me as a tidy analog for Jesus, etc. There probably was a historical Socrates, but we only have partisan accounts of his life and deeds. The question of Socrates's historicity does not affect the validity of the philosophical tools and methods attributed to him by followers like Plato and Xenophon.

However, if we were to suddenly discover that they'd invented him from whole cloth, The Socratic Method would continue to work. Can the same be said of Jesus? If we establish that The New Testament is just hyperbole and myth, based on the exploits of an itinerant apocalyptic lay preacher called Yeshua; do classic Christian teachings like the Sermon on the Mount hold any water?

Edited by EbonyBranch
typo

My apologies I am.notnignoring you. I haven't send it if you could pm me the link.please. that would be great. Looks like everyone not talking about so subject so I may have.missed your post.

Just read back through the thread, I've posted a number of times and supplied links and references in my posts. Like I said, you're not obliged to respond to me, but I'd like to think that the stuff I've written, and the links I've provided, have been read at least once.

I'd particularly recommend the Reasonable Doubts podcast links, and the Koran link from my previous post.

Ok I will. Thanks (inshallah, godwilling)

HAPPY EID EVERYONE BTW.

Muslims all around the world are celebrating the end of the pilgrimage. That is associated with the sacrifice Abraham ans Ishmael made.

I did answer you. get that thread opened and i'll answer you again.

As for this thread, the bible does warn of mohamads as I clearly showed.

No you didn't I asked you three times how you could boycott Islamic 'aims' and also put to you that your insistance that 'Muslims' were seperate to Islam was made a mockery of by your own post - not only did you not answer me, you blatantly avoided even replying to my question.

Don't go down the 'get the thread opened route', you know full well I can't and such basic diversionary tactics from the issue just don't wash with me.

As for

the bible does warn of mohamads as I clearly showed[/Quote] you demonstrated this with about as much evidence as the flat earth society have to back their claims.

You do realise that trying to show something purely on the grounds of stirring up religious hatred is illegal don't you?

I have read about half a dozen of Ehrmann's books and I can very easily say that Jesus is probably mythical. There may have been a Yeshua, who preached Jewish apocalypticism and may have been executed by the authorities. Jesus, as presented in the New Testament, is mostly an invention of Paul and later writers. As far as I'm aware, Ehrmann agrees with this view. His dispute with the mythicists concerns the historicity of Yeshua and the sources of many of the more theological elements of the Gospels.

David's historicity has been rather tenuous for while, but I understand that there have been a few discoveries from roughly the right era that refer to the 'House of David'. These may indicate that there was a tribal patriarch by that name, but I'm not aware that there is any good evidence for a King David.

Have you read " did Jesus exist " ? Seems not. Without question your wrong, evidence is just overwhelming . There was a man with a following from that region, there were people who knew him who wrote independent of the bible about him, followers happy kind good happy to die for a.historical Jesus.

Your choice whether he was the son of God or not. That he was real is not in question.

Have you read " did Jesus exist " ? Seems not. Without question your wrong, evidence is just overwhelming . There was a man with a following from that region, there were people who knew him who wrote independent of the bible about him, followers happy kind good happy to die for a.historical Jesus.

Your choice whether he was the son of God or not. That he was real is not in question.

I'm not sure why you think I'm disagreeing with you, other than I qualify my views with 'possibly' and 'maybe'. Jesus is the hellenised version of the name Yeshua. There was not a first century Jew called Jesus wandering around Palestine prophecying the apocalypse. There were a number of first century Jewish apocalyptic prophets and I wouldn't be surprised that at least one was called Yeshua; it was a common name. I haven't yet read 'Did Jesus Exist', although I will get round to it, but my understanding of Ehrmann's view, from his other published works, is that the Jesus we read about in the Gospels probably bears only a passing resemblance to the historical figure he was based on. There appears to be a heated debate about the quality and validity of Ehrmann's book, so I'm still happy to say that there may or may not have been a historical figure, a real Yeshua. I have no reason to know for certain either way. To tell the truth, I'm inclined to think that there probably was a Yeshua, although ultimately I'm agnostic on that score.

However, Jesus - the Messiah, the Son of God, etc. - is certainly a myth. Again, Ehrmann agrees with that view, unless he's rediscovered his faith.

I'm not sure why you think I'm disagreeing with you, other than I qualify my views with 'possibly' and 'maybe'. Jesus is the hellenised version of the name Yeshua. There was not a first century Jew called Jesus wandering around Palestine prophecying the apocalypse. There were a number of first century Jewish apocalyptic prophets and I wouldn't be surprised that at least one was called Yeshua; it was a common name. I haven't yet read 'Did Jesus Exist', although I will get round to it, but my understanding of Ehrmann's view, from his other published works, is that the Jesus we read about in the Gospels probably bears only a passing resemblance to the historical figure he was based on. There appears to be a heated debate about the quality and validity of Ehrmann's book, so I'm still happy to say that there may or may not have been a historical figure, a real Yeshua. I have no reason to know for certain either way. To tell the truth, I'm inclined to think that there probably was a Yeshua, although ultimately I'm agnostic on that score.

However, Jesus - the Messiah, the Son of God, etc. - is certainly a myth. Again, Ehrmann agrees with that view, unless he's rediscovered his faith.

I would recommend you read Ehrman book. He even narrows down the place his Jesus grew up There were many so called messiah around that time some were named in the Bible.

I like Ehrman methods even if he is most likely still a atheist. When I read the gospels and letters it seem that there were people who knew Jesus and would be happy to die for his sake. Ehrman even backs up the fact that Jesus had a brother called James. So this is not your mythical yeshua, this bad and old tactic of misrepresentation of history. Too many people are happy to except it, many atheists have used it on here

God did not want Robots, there is a.choice

Read the whole Bible, read the letters and make your choice

It's either written by good men or Bad men or by God. If it was written by good men why would they say thus saith the Lord

If by bad men why would they write about doing good duty,and condemning themselves or The Word of God

The Bible deserves a verdict but it a choice that takes personal effort. I personally find it day by day more and more amazing

I would recommend you read Ehrman book. He even narrows down the place his Jesus grew up There were many so called messiah around that time some were named in the Bible.

I like Ehrman methods even if he is most likely still a atheist. When I read the gospels and letters it seem that there were people who knew Jesus and would be happy to die for his sake. Ehrman even backs up the fact that Jesus had a brother called James. So this is not your mythical yeshua, this bad and old tactic of misrepresentation of history. Too many people are happy to except it, many atheists have used it on here

God did not want Robots, there is a.choice

Read the whole Bible, read the letters and make your choice

It's either written by good men or Bad men or by God. If it was written by good men why would they say thus saith the Lord

If by bad men why would they write about doing good duty,and condemning themselves or The Word of God

The Bible deserves a verdict but it a choice that takes personal effort. I personally find it day by day more and more amazing

Jesus is the English version of the Greek version of the Jewish name Yeshua. The direct English language equivalent of Yeshua is Joshua. Whether the gospel stories are based on a real person or not, that individuals name was not Jesus.

As for whether the Bible was written by bad men, good men or God; is that really a serious question? It was certainly written by men. I don't know of any educated Christians who believe it was written by God.

None of the Gospels were written by people who knew or even met 'Jesus', this is a point on which most, if not all, non-partisan Biblical scholars agree.

If you want to learn about who wrote the Bible and why, don't just read the Bible. Read scholarly books about the Bible.