Does the bible mention Mohammed (the last prophet of Islam) ?

1. It could be 72 raisins (see a previous post)

2. Virgins are anyone returned unopened, could be old, young, male or female

Would you risk your life for a raisin or ageing aunt? These suicide bombers do like to gamble, don't they?

Does it mention species? Or as in US jails it refers to Virginians who apparently like that sort of thing.

These suicide bombers do like to gamble, don't they?

I doubt it. I don't think that Islam permits gambling.

You can not have read Bart Ehrman and say Jesus could possibly be mythical I think David is as real as many historical person and the system used for passing down scripture would pass my test of mythical or not add to this the text of places that have and are still being discovered all match bible records, so when take multiply types of evidence you have a jigsaw where things fit . Bart Ehrman being a atheist add weight to the FACT that Jesus did exist and once and forever destroys the mythical Jesus project so many atheists use in error . As for Mohammed I think it speaks volumes that channel fours programme on Islam by Tom Holland was pulled off air Tbe Koran simply doesn't pass the same tests of the far older Greek and hewbrew bible. There are good study historically around herod family trees and Acts in general.

Did Jesus exists by Bart Ehrman. Well worth a read

I have read about half a dozen of Ehrmann's books and I can very easily say that Jesus is probably mythical. There may have been a Yeshua, who preached Jewish apocalypticism and may have been executed by the authorities. Jesus, as presented in the New Testament, is mostly an invention of Paul and later writers. As far as I'm aware, Ehrmann agrees with this view. His dispute with the mythicists concerns the historicity of Yeshua and the sources of many of the more theological elements of the Gospels.

David's historicity has been rather tenuous for while, but I understand that there have been a few discoveries from roughly the right era that refer to the 'House of David'. These may indicate that there was a tribal patriarch by that name, but I'm not aware that there is any good evidence for a King David.

Edited by EbonyBranch
correction

So far as the 'correct' version of at least the Tanach [= Five Books of Moses; Prophets; Holy Writings], it's all written in Hebrew (except the Book of Daniel, in Aramaic) and not Greek. So learn Classical Hebrew if you want the accurate version.

Yes, good point. Surely, if you really believe that these books are the words off a God, you can make the effort to learn how to understand them for yourself. I certainly would.

I am sure there are many learned Christians that know the bible better then me.

I believe the following verses are referring to Mohammed:

"I will raise up for them a prophet like you from among their brethren; and I will put my words in his mouth, and he shall speak to them all that I command him". Deuteronomy 18.18

Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you. John 16:7

"The Lord your God will raise up for you a prophet like me from among you, from your brethren - him you shall heed - just as you desired of the Lord your God at Horeb on the day of the assembly, when you said, 'Let me not hear again the voice of the Lord my God or see this great fire any more, lest I die' ". Deuteronomy 18.15-16.

When the people saw the sign which he had done, they said, 'This is indeed the prophet who is to come into the world'. John 6.14

THIS IS A INVITATION TO THE RELIGION OF THE LORD. Islam

Here you go

http://www.personal.psu.edu/faculty/j/p/jpj1/antichrist.htm

oooh you are witty.

While I've got hold of you is there any chance of you answering the questions I put to you in the thread you started - you know those that completely blew your argument apart - the ones that when I asked you them you mysteriously stopped posting on that thread despite lingering around the forum.

Or are you only capable of making childish irrelevant posts on other people's threads?

oooh you are witty.

While I've got hold of you is there any chance of you answering the questions I put to you in the thread you started - you know those that completely blew your argument apart - the ones that when I asked you them you mysteriously stopped posting on that thread despite lingering around the forum.

Or are you only capable of making childish irrelevant posts on other people's threads?

I did answer you. get that thread opened and i'll answer you again.

As for this thread, the bible does warn of mohamads as I clearly showed.

Does the Koran say the different sects must kill each other all the time? That's something they seem to agree on and share, although the Ahmadi Muslims seem pretty passive.

No it doesn't. Do the people make religion no....

If we want to talk about good and bad, there is good ans bas everywhere.

Look at the Christians crusaders..that was in the name of Christ ans the said the were Christians. We don't look at how.people follow it. We have to look at the teachings

Look at the Christians crusaders..that was in the name of Christ ans the said the were Christians. We don't look at how.people follow it. We have to look at the teachings

Self defence

Its fantastic how ill informed people are, the bible was created, long before Mohammed was born, a mere 700 years approximately. Mohammed is a new creation, as Christianity was when a JEW invented it, borrowing ideas from the far east of course, thanks to the trade routes being opened up by Alexander the Great.

The Older part of the bible, the Jewish creation is also not that old, approx 7-800 before new one was created. So all three are newish religions which, grew out of older ones, where the institutions were set, and the parasitic priests lived off the insecurities of their respective populations. You can understand why christian priests fed their sexual appetites off the ignorant for so long, as such institutions are a corruption of what the original concepts were. Power corrupts and all that.

Religions are just ways of exploiting populations while feeding their fears with short term fixes, as one cannot atop the donations can one?

I've answered your questions a number of times and provided links ands references, but you don't seem to be interested in either my responses or my sources. That's fine, you don't owe me anything, including an acknowledgement.However, just in case you're struggling with the points I've made or the resources I've provided, here's my last attempt to direct you towards something useful and informative.

The Bible

The Koran

I would heartily encourage anyone seeking to understand these two books to visit both sites.

Self defence

The crusades were self-defence. :D

The best history revisionism this year. What can we look forward to next; "the cold war - a slight misunderstanding between friends"?