Does the bible mention Mohammed (the last prophet of Islam) ?

The OP seems like a fairly blatant attempt at trolling. To take the easiest example; John 6:14 plainly refers to Jesus, because it is written at the end of the account of the feeding of the five thousand. The people quoted in the story have just witnessed the miracle and subsequently concluded that Jesus is the messsiah.

Tell me what's meant by "this is a prophet to come onto the world" am I missing something here...wasn't Jesus Son of god if he wasn't he was present.

Let me quote it again... " a prophet to come" FUTURE I.E A PROPHECY..

Tell me what's meant by "this is a prophet to come onto the world" am I missing something here...wasn't Jesus Son of god if he wasn't he was present.

Why are you going on and on about your fairy stories?

I doubt it mentions Him at all.... The Bible was written as history for Jewish people not as a psychic view of the future

Still a shocking book full of hate though

I don't need doubts or opinions I want evidence it doesn't..please

why would Levantine Bronze Age writings matter in England today?

Any evidence of why please?

Go away and read one of the original Greek texts. What you've quoted is an anglicised translation of ancient Greek writings. John 6:14 is part of a myth about a lay preaching carpenter, probably named something like Yeshua bin Yoseph, who supposedly performed a miracle by feeding 5,000 people with a handful of fish and bread. The 5,000 take this miracle as a sign that Yeshua (or Jesus, in the Greek version of his name) is the messiah/prophet they've been expecting. As far as the author of John is concerned, the crowd is correct in this assumption. There is no reference to Mohammed; Yeshua/Jesus is the prophet in question.

I forget a lot of the underlying theology of John, but I do recall that this was the latest of the four gospels and the most focused on Yeshua/Jesus as the son of YHVH, so it features a lot of miracles and a lot of instances where the Jews recognise his godliness. The text links him to prophecies of messiahs and prophets they've been promised.

To repeat: Mohammed came 7 centuries later and does not appear here.

Incidentally, did you know that recent analysis of ancient copies of the quran is thought to suggest that it is largely copied from a Syriac Christian source. There's a German scholar - Christoph something (can't remember surname, but I'll pop back with it later if I get a chance) who has published a well-received book on the subject.

Edited by EbonyBranch
typos

Go away and read one of the original Greek texts. What you've quoted is an anglicised translation of ancient Greek

Incidentally, did you know that recent analysis of ancient copies of the quranic is thought to suggest that it is largely copied from a Syriac Christian source, although a fair amount is just made up. There's a German scholar - Christoph something (can't remember surname, but I'll pop back with it later if I get a chance) who has published a well-received book on the subject.

Pleas refer me to the correct copy of the bible. Every church says his is he correct version thus saying others are wrong. You will never find so many versions of the Quran, the Quran was revealed 1430 years ago and had not been changed since.

Am not sure if you know Islam also believes in the book reveled to Moses Jesus and David. I believes in the bible fully more then perhaps you..if I don't I am not Muslim. The bible am referring to is the one that was reveled to Jesus, in its original form not changed. Christian scholars are not sure if it was reveled in Greek, Hebrew or Aramaic. Please enlighten me.

He is mentioned in the temptations of Jesus.

He is mentioned in the temptations of Jesus.

I didn't quite get what your talking about. Can you elaborate please....

I didn't quite get what your talking about. Can you elaborate please....

He is only goading, and taking the mickey, Mohammed. You will find that it happens a lot.

He is only goading, and taking the mickey, Mohammed. You will find that it happens a lot.

Lol ok...

Silly people everywhere...

Don't understand if the don't have anything constructive to say, why say anything....

I don't think Islam had been invented even when the latest parts of what we now know as the Bible were written. Interesting interpretation based on your own faith, though chronologically impossible.

The bible is older than islam