Samsung tv went POP and wont come on again

Hi folks, the newest TV in the house; a Samsung smart TV bought from Argos less than a year ago suddenly made a loud crack/pop sound and turned off with no red light.

Checked the circuit breaker and it didn't trip it.

So now the TV is dead. I assume it was a blown capacitor but on a TV less than a year old?

Any folk here have any issues like this? I seriously hope Argos will just replace it, the stories of how long Samsung takes to fix things worries me a bit.

TV in my room is also a Samsung but it's from 2009 and touch wood, no probs with it.

Proabably a capacitor in the power supply of the TV, not uncommon, if it's less than a year old, argos should honour the warranty, unsure it may be even 2 years on Samsung TV's, ours is only a supermarket special and has 2 years.

Regards acman.

Yeah sound's about right. take it back to argos the GOT TO give u another tele mate

:suspect::cool::suspect:

try calling samsung they were great for us our tv was out of warrenty but they still came and fixed it in 48 hours

Completely fobbed off by Argos, outright refused to replace it. Perhaps times have changed, but argos used to replace defective electronics.

Got a guy phoning tomorrow from Samsung to arrange to come out. Sounds like they are taking it away to fix it, they don't even provide a temp set to replace it.

I'm seriously annoyed by this lack of service from argos.

Samsung are aware of problems and are fixing out of warranty TV's for free if they have certain faults. On site warranty, can't see what the problem is. Would imagine they will have the parts they need to fix it as long as it's not the screen!

Argos will only do a replacement if it less than 16 (if i remember rightly...) weeks since purchase unless it can't be repaired, we bought our daughter a tv/dvd combi for her room from them and after about 7 months it stopped playing dvd's (will NEVER buy a combi again...) so we took it back and they refused point blank to replace it and it had to be taken in for repair. After about 3 weeks i got a call to come and pick it up and when i got there they (luckily) told me it couldn't be repaired so they had to replace it then...

try calling samsung they were great for us our tv was out of warrenty but they still came and fixed it in 48 hours

Same here, we had our TV for about 5/6 years and this happened. Call samsung and they had a guy fix it within 3 days.