Man arrested over Kirkland assault

......If indeed this lad did indeed have a banning order then questions now come to light as to how good this system actually is but again it's almost impossible to keep them out.

The magistrates used to pass banning orders and get the police to enforce them by making the subject visit a police station at kick off time. Failure to comply was contempt of court with jail time to follow.

Let's hope they put something like this in place for while he's on bail and for when he comes out, assuming they have the guts to jail him.

I was always under the impression that a 'banning order' also carried a caveat that they had to go to a local named police station and stay there while the game was on

If wrong no doubt someone will correct me

Sorry mate, hadn't seen your post.

I think best option , Just have Family tickets for Leeds fans nxt time and same for any fans that have caused trouble like fridays match, it may stop some of the idiots coming over who just want to cause trouble, however id just ban leeds fans nxt season at owls ground and just have only owls fans there .i did hear a tram got smashed up as well

I've started this thread, so the match thread can get back to about football.

He's been arrested,

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-20021766

Good to see really, he's not been named on the report, however that will come in due cours, but obviously it has been put all over the Internet.

Great to see that swift action has been done.

And if as reported, this person has previous banning orders, then I hope a decent custodial sentence comes hs way.

BUt Robbie you have closed that match thread now so it can't get back to being about the football. Or is that just me? I know I'm a blonde but.......:huh:

Has anyone seen this? You see the Leeds goal from their fans point of view as someone was filming from behind the goal. You miss the point where CK was struck then you see part of what looks like a chair get thrown onto the pitch and fans shouting for CK to get up

All clubs have morons Bypassblade, you have no figures or fact what so ever to back up your comments matey and I definitely don't agree with punishing every single Leeds fan, it's not fair on the well behaved ones. Millwall, West Ham, Chelsea, Cardiff, Burmingham and Liverpool amongst a few other teams all have a reputation based on mindless individuals intent on causing trouble however all of these clubs have passionate, well behaved fans just as United and Wednesday do and you couldn't dream of punishing the whole fan base of a club based on the actions of a minority it isn't fair.

BB - IMO this is a very fair post. Not all fans should be punished for the actions of the minority. Wednesday have been punished in the past for this. We are all well aware of where our moronic fans are and I for one am incredulous that more action was not taken against them for the CP game - I was actually on the Kop (unusually - I've been in the South Stand more these days) and was amongst our fans who were shouting at them ourselves.

It is down to the clubs to sort it out (SWFC included) - as you point out MANY clubs have the Kn**head element amongst their fans. This idiot was found out within 20 minutes of the incident so why can't more be done by the clubs and police? Lots have pointed out the technology that can be used to prevent these idiots from attending matches so let's all call for it to be used.

I do believe L**ds have more than their share of football hooligans - be that based in fact or myth but it is my belief, so they should be seen to be making the extra effort. Maybe NW should not have encouraged his players to go applaud the 'true' fans but having seen them drop that hoarding on to that young lad we have to see both sides of that particular coin.

Edited by potlegs
spelling

I do believe L**ds have more than their share of football hooligans - be that based in fact or myth but it is my belief, so they should be seen to be making the extra effort. Maybe NW should not have encouraged his players to go applaud the 'true' fans but having seen them drop that hoarding on to that young lad we have to see both sides of that particular coin.

In the list posted by Basset Boys in the year Nov 2010 to Nov 2011

they had 106 Banning orders (2nd highest)

we had 43

you had 72

and the Cardiff animals had the highest at 143 of all leagues

So Paul - you have more time on your hands than I do:hihi:

Thanks for finding the facts - at leat L**ds were worse than us.

Not actually surprised we had that many banning orders - our violent crew were/are pretty bad, not proud of that fact nor proud that I know quite a few of them either. My disappointment lies in the fact my club don't seem to recognise them so much.

Edited by potlegs

So Paul - you have more time on your hands than I do

Been at grand kids most of the day and I'm bruised all over been playing piggy back with them and kept falling off :hihi::hihi:

About this ToN I do a lot of reading and was actually reading that PDF before he posted it and made a few notes on notepad so nothing out of the normal for me:hihi:

BUt Robbie you have closed that match thread now so it can't get back to being about the football. Or is that just me? I know I'm a blonde but.......:huh:

Apologies Robbie - only just noticed you opened it again. Ta.

So Paul - you have more time on your hands than I do:hihi:

Thanks for finding the facts - at leat L**ds were worse than us.

Not actually surprised we had that many banning orders - our violent crew were/are pretty bad, not proud of that fact nor proud that I know quite a few of them either. My disappointment lies in the fact my club don't seem to recognise them so much.

The thing I found strange was that little Chezzie had 36

Been at grand kids most of the day and I'm bruised all over been playing piggy back with them and kept falling off :hihi::hihi:

About this ToN I do a lot of reading and was actually reading that PDF before he posted it and made a few notes on notepad so nothing out of the normal for me:hihi:

:hihi::hihi:

I must read the wrong stuff, need to get more selective methinks :).....