Woodseats History

You'll be pleased to hear all the takeaways, estate agents, charity shops, nail bars and tattoo parlours that you enjoyed shopping in during that period are still there :):)

Living on Woodseats Rd between Ulverston and Smithy Wood Cres the only takeaways were Pie & Pea Shop at bottom of Woodseats Rd, Chipy on Abbeydale Rd and one near Woodseats Police Station on Chesterfield Rd.

Pie and Peas were my favorite.

Living on Woodseats Rd between Ulverston and Smithy Wood Cres...
This scan from the 1954 Kelly's Directory may show some familiar names..:)

Anyone live on Olivet Road 1950's & 1960's?

A few names I recognize on here, mostly be your young uns I know

My Dad and Uncle Grew up round there as well (Keith & Phillip) and grandparents Joe and Beryl liked the odd shandy ;)

Did anyone used to live on Oliver Road,Wood seats? All the houses at the bottom were demolished, where did everyone go?

Hi Presume you mean Olivet Road.

Hi my grandma and family come from number 14 Olivet Rd. When grandma died my cousins stayed in the house until it was demolished. They finished up living at Hollinsend.

As children we used to go to grandma's on Christmas eve and go around carol singing to the neighbours while aunties and uncles exchanged their presents for us. Happy memories.

Hi my grandma and family come from number 14 Olivet Rd. When grandma died my cousins stayed in the house until it was demolished. They finished up living at Hollinsend.

As children we used to go to grandma's on Christmas eve and go around carol singing to the neighbours while aunties and uncles exchanged their presents for us. Happy memories.

Hi, I used to live at 87 in a two up two down. I can,t recall where 14 was situated, was it after the off licence? There were a lot of back to back houses, I knew a lot of children from there, I left home in 1973 to get married.

...I can,t recall where 14 was situated, was it after the off licence?...
This scan from the 1959 Kelly's Directory gives an idea of where the various houses were situated, and here is a 1950s map. :) Edited by hillsbro

Hi, I used to live at 87 in a two up two down. I can,t recall where 14 was situated, was it after the off licence? There were a lot of back to back houses, I knew a lot of children from there, I left home in 1973 to get married.

Hi number 14 was after the off license coming down toward the main Rd

also Mrs Amy Shaw was my grandma from the 1959 directory. granddad had died in 1947