'DOG THING' - 'rescue' advertising on preloved

Nobody has 'named and shamed' anybody??? Borneholm rescue is still a relatively new rescue and they have a lot on their plate and are doing a great job. I'm sure they have appreciated being made aware of how some people have misunderstood their listing on preloved because it was a personal account and Dalrimple has explained that they will do future ads in their new rescue account to avoid confusion, which is important of course. Charities need as much help with raising awareness as possible to help find homes for these unwanted animals and I feel that that's what this thread is essentially about. We are all animal lovers on here and everyone knows 'animals lovers' are not 'regular' people :P Oh yes - I said it! and we're proud to be busybodies :hihi:

Nobody has 'named and shamed' anybody??? Borneholm rescue is still a relatively new rescue and they have a lot on their plate and are doing a great job. I'm sure they have appreciated being made aware of how some people have misunderstood their listing on preloved because it was a personal account and Dalrimple has explained that they will do future ads in their new rescue account to avoid confusion, which is important of course. Charities need as much help with raising awareness as possible to help find homes for these unwanted animals and I feel that that's what this thread is essentially about. We are all animal lovers on here and everyone knows 'animals lovers' are not 'regular' people :P Oh yes - I said it! and we're proud to be busybodies :hihi:

i totally agree people's main concern was that this was a false rescue

someone portraying to be a rescue so they can use poor unwanted dogs ,

& cats as bait for fighting dogs its sad but true people do, do it :confused::(

Fair enough if nobody else sees a problem, but there were more tactful ways of getting the desired information without labelling them as dodgy - just asking whether anybody knew anything about them would surely have received the same response without the insinuation that they were up to anything illegal.

Fair enough if nobody else sees a problem, but there were more tactful ways of getting the desired information without labelling them as dodgy - just asking whether anybody knew anything about them would surely have received the same response without the insinuation that they were up to anything illegal.

I think the point that you've missed is that no one realised who the 'advertiser' of the original ad was at first and there are so many baiters trawling sites like preloved that people like to report them if they seem 'suspicious' to protect the animals. As soon as we worked out who it was we were full of praise.:)

I think the point that you've missed is that no one realised who the 'advertiser' of the original ad was at first and there are so many baiters trawling sites like preloved that people like to report them if they seem 'suspicious' to protect the animals. As soon as we worked out who it was we were full of praise.:)

And if nobody else on here had known who they were, then the OP would presumably have reported them too, and made them a whole lot of trouble. Maybe it's the whole idea that members of the forum pets section should set themselves up as judge and jury over perfectly legal advertisers on a completely unrelated website like preloved or gumtree that smacks of interfering busybody-ism.

And if nobody else on here had known who they were, then the OP would presumably have reported them too, and made them a whole lot of trouble. Maybe it's the whole idea that members of the forum pets section should set themselves up as judge and jury over perfectly legal advertisers on a completely unrelated website like preloved or gumtree that smacks of interfering busybody-ism.

Well in an ideal world there wouldn't be so much animal cruelty happening right on our doorstep so we wouldn't feel the pressure to 'judge' such things. Most responsible pet owners are of the opinion that it should be illegal to advertise pets for sale/wanted on sites such as gumtree and preloved because it makes it so much easier for baiters etc to find dogs to use for illegal dog fighting. The OP clearly wasn't sure how to 'judge' the ad so posted on here for reassurance or to be put right.

It might offend some people but if it saves a few dogs from abuse then I personally think it's worth offending a few if that's how they perceive it but I can see what you're trying to get across.

What a drama queen you are. 3 messages were wondering whether this rescue was genuine or not, a very valid concern seeing as the original advert - as you've had pointed out to you several times - appeared to look as though it might be an individual rather than an organisation. The whole thing was done and dusted before the end of the first page. We've spent more time replying to your same point over and over again than was spent sorting out the original problem.

it may be interfering busybody-ism but i think it is good interfering busybody-ism.

how would you of felt if it hadn't have been a genuine rescue & god forbid

baiters & some dogs had already been used for the dreaded task in hand

(sorry i can't say it ,it upsets me that much ) i know witch id prefer :)

I would rather a 100 genuine people be investigated then just one of these scum be "overlooked" because someone was too worried about being wrong. That is today's problem no-one gets involved, too busy minding their own business & letting criminals keep getting away with it. The ones who are criticising this thread remind me so much of my neighbours who would rather sit & complain to everyone when my house alarm was going off but it was none of their business to phone the police or just poke their heads out if the back door to check if all was ok, which is a shame because if they had been interfering busy bodies then perhaps I would have had my house emptied & my elderly dog kicked within an inch of her life.

To the OP ignore any criticism you raised concerns at least you care enough to make enquiries rather then stick your head in the sand insisting its none of your business or you have no proof. If everyone was as vigilant as you then maybe these dog fighting scum wouldn't get away with it as easily

I don't think that there is anything else left to say here now just a never ending argument that is going round in circles so closing this thread.

If there are concerns about the moderation of this subject or anything else about the running of the group please take your concerns to the help desk where they will be looked at impartially by admin.