'DOG THING' - 'rescue' advertising on preloved

well done forest for spotting this !!!! ...........these people seem to be angels ..glad you all managed to check them out x

I know the family that run this rescue and they are very dedicated in what they do. They take on older dogs or dogs with health problems that other rescues may overlook and give them that extra love and tlc needed to get them into forever homes.

I also thought the ad looked odd but borneholm dog rescue is a good charity. I only met them recently when they brought a matted fox terrier to me for a well needed clip off. Her pics are on my facebook page.

Hi all. Im Sarah. I run the rescue with my mum in law Mandy. I have a BDRR account registered with as a charity account on preloved now. BUT while this was up and running mandy was advertising with her own account (dogthing) We are sorry for any confusion and now will only ever post as BDRR on preloved. Thanks for all the lovely comments about our work. means a lot to us x

Hi Sarah. Looks like a brilliant little rescue. If you ever need any help with publicity etc give us a shout. I'm sure between us we can spread the word x

I know it's going to sound out of line with everyone else, but I have to say, on my rare visits to the pets section I never cease to be amazed by the levels of interfering busybody-ness shown by some people. I can't help thinking that if this had been on any other area of the forum, branding a company or organisation as seeming a bit dodgy without any evidence whatsoever would have been frowned upon rather than congratulated.

I know it's going to sound out of line with everyone else, but I have to say, on my rare visits to the pets section I never cease to be amazed by the levels of interfering busybody-ness shown by some people. I can't help thinking that if this had been on any other area of the forum, branding a company or organisation as seeming a bit dodgy without any evidence whatsoever would have been frowned upon rather than congratulated.

The Pet group isn't like other parts of the forum though is it? it isn't meant to be.

If caring about the fate of other living things that cannot speak up for themselves is being an interfering busy body then its something that I am guilty of and I couldn't care less how other people see that, I guess that other members probably feel the same way.

I suggest that you do a bit of homework about what happens to dogs (and other animals) that go either free or cheap to a good home on the free sites, then maybe you will understand people being so concerned.

Luckily it was all above board and once that was shown everyone was relieved, I am sure that the rescue understands why people worried and doesn't seem offended...its all been sorted no one else has a problem.

The Pet group isn't like other parts of the forum though is it? it isn't meant to be.

If caring about the fate of other living things that cannot speak up for themselves is being an interfering busy body then its something that I am guilty of and I couldn't care less how other people see that, I guess that other members probably feel the same way.

I suggest that you do a bit of homework about what happens to dogs (and other animals) that go either free or cheap to a good home on the free sites, then maybe you will understand people being so concerned.

Luckily it was all above board and once that was shown everyone was relieved, I am sure that the rescue understands why people worried and doesn't seem offended...its all been sorted no one else has a problem.

Well I certainly never thought you were an interfering busybody, just someone who was concerned & to be honest maybe if more busybodies interfered it would make the job all that little bit more difficult for the scum to get their hands on these free dogs

Isn't it? Why's that then? Are you not subject to the same forum rules?

Isn't it? Why's that then? Are you not subject to the same forum rules?

Because this is an interest group and not part of the general forum as such and is moderated by group members and not the usual moderators, we have our own rules of posting but yes we are subject to the main forum rules as well...which rule do you think has been broken?

Like I said above, I'm sure if you tarred an organisation as dodgy without any evidence whatsoever in any other part of the forum, you'd be told off for 'naming and shaming', especially if you'd put their phone number on as well. Surely the clear implication of the post was that these people wanted free dogs for illegal purposes, so if the owners of that rescue had taken exception to it, could you not have been in some degree of trouble?

Like I said above, I'm sure if you tarred an organisation as dodgy without any evidence whatsoever in any other part of the forum, you'd be told off for 'naming and shaming', especially if you'd put their phone number on as well. Surely the clear implication of the post was that these people wanted free dogs for illegal purposes, so if the owners of that rescue had taken exception to it, could you not have been in some degree of trouble?

I don't see the OP as naming and shaming at all, they asked if anyone knew of this rescue, which with a bit of research it turned out we did and it was all cleared up, no one else sees a problem at all including the rescue.