Transport Club Bonfire & Funfair - Meadowhead - 2/11/2012

Just a reminder that parking at this event is extremely restricted because the funfair is on the actual car park to preserve pitch quality due to recent wet weather. We need to keep the entry clear for emergency services if necessary, so please park off site and walk into the actual ground. Parking is available on nearby side roads and the service road beside the Norton pub. Many thanks for your co-operation!

Hi guys! PLEASE don't bring cars into the ground on Friday...we've really struggled with wet weather recently as I explained, so we are putting the rides in the actual car park. Safety is our absolute priority at this event so we need to make sure emergency services can gain entry if they need to...I'm sure everyone accepts that safety is more important than convenience. Parking is available on nearby side roads, down the side of the Norton pub on the service road and round most of the area. please take care and help us to have a safe and succesful night so we can do it all again next year!! Thanks everyone!!!!

Hi Huxley,

Forum rules only allow one thread per event, so please add any further information here rather than creating new threads.

Thanks

what a top night cold dry the bonfire is huge and thats from a distance hope theres plenty of people there as i assume they have all worked so hard , what a chance to support a local idea for many years to come,so get them boots on a be there,please note

i have nothing to gain from this,just a person who believes in traditional events and likes

these to be held in our local area in the south of sheffield thank you bassett one

There will be limited parking at the venue itself because the funfair will occupy part of the carpark, due to wet ground conditions and a need to preserve pitch quality. Parking on street is available in the service road near the Norton pub and on nearby roads. There will be alcohol and soft drinks available inside the clubhouse only, but please note that non members are very welcome to use this facility at planned events like this!!! the more the merrier!!! Food will be available outside too!

dont run out of beer :) i dont work saturdays so i cant deliver you any :D

ken

top night kids rides okay,but it said 4 large adult rides as well,did take 21minutes at the bar,but nice bonfire,and nice hook a duck,needs outside bar ie cans ect,adult rides and then it will get more crowds as the turn out was low,but if improved next year this could be a top event and get better year on year,parking a problem also,but thanks enjoyed the night in all it was good all the best bassett one, ps best hook a duck stall i have ever seen top value for money,so was the beer prices it was just the waiting thanks

top night kids rides okay,but it said 4 large adult rides as well,did take 21minutes at the bar,but nice bonfire,and nice hook a duck,needs outside bar ie cans ect,adult rides and then it will get more crowds as the turn out was low,but if improved next year this could be a top event and get better year on year,parking a problem also,but thanks enjoyed the night in all it was good all the best bassett one, ps best hook a duck stall i have ever seen top value for money,so was the beer prices it was just the waiting thanks

need to invest in fireworks too to get more people, i think they had forgotten the gunpowder in those tonight

A huge thank you to everyone who supported this event, it was our very first attempt at this so we were learning all the way! As you probably all saw, we only have quite a small bar inside so we really had a bit of a squeeze to cope with the numbers of people who attended. We did actually consider an outside bar too, but to be truthful we were a bit nervous about too much alcohol for safety reasons near the fire zone...despite the fact that we have 18 acres we were very restricted in the areas we could use because the ground holds water after bad weather. Our major priority was keeping the kiddies safe and thankfully we managed without any problems at all..in fact during the entire 9 hours we only had 2 broken glasses inside and no other incidents at all, so a massive thanks to everyone for acting responsibly! We would have liked a more extensive firework display, as someone suggested, but we are an independent little club operating on a not for profit basis and we are entirely self funding...we aren't council funded, so any events we do we have to pay for ourselves. We wanted as many local kiddies as possible to enjoy the night so we didn't want to charge admission, therefore we were operating on a pretty tight budget...so apologies for the pyrotechnics but we really hope you all had a good time anyway!!!!! Please watch out for other events, we'd love to see you all again!

Hi,

Was just wondering if you could tell me about tonight's event for the children's Halloween party. Can't see anything about it anyway.

What happens, do you have to be a member, is it free, what time does it start etc

Thanks

This is from last year so to avoid confusion closing