Atheists under attack

You have a supposition that 'nothing' is impossible because you can't imagine it.

You pretend that you can imagine eternity and infinity and so claim they are possible.

None of these concepts actually make sense within the context of the universe in which we exist though.

Why? .....

Yep that’s right the evidence I have seen supports my opinion that the universe as always existed, it doesn’t follow that you will agree. Think about the evidence presented in a criminal trial, so members of the jury think it’s enough to find someone guilty and some don’t, we all form opinions based on evidence but not necessarily the same opinion. You disagree with me and I can live with that........ Thats your opnion and I support your right to hold it[/Quote]

You've totally and utterly and completely missed the point - again.

Because there isn’t a single shred of evidence that nothing or God is possible, no evidence the something can be created from nothing, no evidence that matter and energy can cease to exist. Some evidence that matter and energy are recycled and change from one state to another. And there is no reason at all to think the universe hasn’t always existed.

There is no evidence that the universe as boundaries or a point at which existence stops, there is evidence that the universe is flat and infinite.

Blah blah blah and round it goes.

There is no evidence that the universe is infinate, an infinate universe is equally as viable as a finite one - they are both philosophical positions with equal status - the only difference between them is that you can't conceive of one of them while you seem perfectly happy with the other.

Do you actually read people's posts or simply decide that they mean one thing and stick to that point regardless of what they put?

Edited by PaliRichard

I wasn't implying you have repressed feelings of a homosexual nature because your sexual oriantation isn't an issue as far as i'm concerned,as neither are your views on the bible.

The only thing i do have an issue with is the sometimes rather judgemental patronising manner expressed in your comments.

which I have been doing intentionally to reflect the patronizing way in which you quoted the Bible(of all things)presuably to educate me on how the Bible as taught you how to have a none judgemental attitude towards the affiars of other poeple. Obviously the overwhelming sense or irony of you having used the Bible as your moral bench mark has escaped you?

You've totally and utterly and completely missed the point - again.

Sorry :)

There is no evidence that the universe is infinate, an infinate universe is equally as viable as a finite one - they are both philosophical positions with equal status - the only difference between them is that you can't conceive of one of them while you seem perfectly happy with the other.
In your opinion.

Do you actually read people's posts

Yep and then I answer, it’s not my fault if you don't like the answer, you are clearly trying to convince me that I'm wrong, but you haven’t posted anything to support your opinion that I'm wrong, show me some evidence that nothing is possible and that something can be created from nothing.

which I have been doing intentionally to reflect the patronizing way in which you quoted the Bible(of all things)presuably to educate me on how the Bible as taught you how to have a none judgemental attitude towards the affiars of other poeple. Obviously the overwhelming sense or irony of you having used the Bible as your moral bench mark has escaped you?

Irony? have another look at your posts to see the the clearest example of irony!

Irony? have another look at your posts to see the the clearest example of irony!

Janie, I am the product of irony!:hihi:

which post? Which part?

Janie, I am the product of irony!:hihi:

Is it an age thing! :hihi:

which post? Which part?

Oh just let it drop now,and stop winding me up.:(

Oh just let it drop now,and stop winding me up.:(

I'm not winding you up. I've simply asked you to identify which of my posts you're referring to as a clear example of irony. Am I at fault for doing that?

Sorry :)

In your opinion.

Yep and then I answer, it’s not my fault if you don't like the answer, you are clearly trying to convince me that I'm wrong, but you haven’t posted anything to support your opinion that I'm wrong, show me some evidence that nothing is possible and that something can be created from nothing.

The very fact that neither is it my 'opinion' nor do I think you are 'wrong ' shows just how little you actually 'get' of what I've been saying to you.