Watch battery help needed

Think i paid £8.00 at the one at meadowhall last year.

I took my Tag into Beaverbrooks at Meadowhall to get a new battery. They had to send it away. Was gone about 10 days and it cost £90.

I won't have another one done there. I've got a Breitling which needs a new battery but I'm going to wait until I go to the US - which is where I bought both watches. The jewellers there will repair/replace on the premises and it will cost a fraction of what I'd pay in England. It's a complete rip-off here if you have a quality watch and want it doing by an authorised dealer.

The alternative is to go to any of those cheap places that some have mentioned already. The only thing with that is, if you've got a warranty on the watch it may be invalidated if you don't get it done by an authorised dealer.

Assuming the OP's watch is still covered by a warranty I'd be a bit careful about this.

FORTY QUID !!!! for a sodding battery change. Get thisen down to Crystal peaks and buy another 4 watches for a tenner each. If it tell's the time it does the job it's supposed to do. "I have a Breitling," SO WHAT !!! Does it tell the time any better than my timex ? Posh watches in my opinion are no better than filofaxes.

FORTY QUID !!!! for a sodding battery change. Get thisen down to Crystal peaks and buy another 4 watches for a tenner each. If it tell's the time it does the job it's supposed to do. "I have a Breitling," SO WHAT !!! Does it tell the time any better than my timex ? Posh watches in my opinion are no better than filofaxes.

oh dear! I've upset someone again, by mentioning the word "Breitling" this time. Yet this person wasn't upset by the OP's mention of Tag - must be an image thing?

Does it tell the time any better than your Timex? Dunno mate? I know it is guaranteed to remain accurate within fractions of a second over a period of years (until the battery packs in - after which time, it's only accurate twice a day). I know it's safe to dive down to 200 metres with it on - which comes in handy when I'm washing the dishes or paddling in the shallow end at the local pool. But neither of these are reasons why I bought it. I bought it because I liked it - and I can! :)

Crystal Peaks - young lady will do re seals and pressure testing if required. No idea on price for it.

oh dear! I've upset someone again, by mentioning the word "Breitling" this time. Yet this person wasn't upset by the OP's mention of Tag - must be an image thing?

Does it tell the time any better than your Timex? Dunno mate? I know it is guaranteed to remain accurate within fractions of a second over a period of years (until the battery packs in - after which time, it's only accurate twice a day). I know it's safe to dive down to 200 metres with it on - which comes in handy when I'm washing the dishes or paddling in the shallow end at the local pool. But neither of these are reasons why I bought it. I bought it because I liked it - and I can! :)

;):hihi::hihi:

I have always managed to change my own batteries.There are two types of back on the watch, prise of or turn. I got the batteries for a couple of quid at Maplins. Last time I went they had stopped doing them and I bought one at Debenhams for about 4 quid.

Just had a new battery fitted to mine, £4.50 from the jeweller in Dronfield opposite the Peel Monument. Included free was a great chat about motorbikes and all things mechanical. Nice bloke.