Desktop pc cases

where is the best place in sheffield to buy atx pc case

How desperate for one are you? If you can wait a couple of days for delivery I'd go OverClockers UK. Decent cases on there.

Avoid maplins. Poor quality and way over-priced in my experience.

Scan do a next day delivery and have a great choice- http://www.scan.co.uk/shop/computer-hardware/all/cases-pc/all

Last lot of stuff I bought off Scan came to nearly a grand. One of the parts (the graphics card) was DOA, so I e-mailed them and politely asked for it to be swapped and they told me there was a £10 restocking fee! For a faulty item to be swapped! On an order I'd received the very same day that cost nearly £1000! I didn't even ask for a refund on the item, just for it to be replaced!!!

I told them under the Distance Selling Regulations they had to accept the faulty product back and pay for postage. This e-mail exchange went on for about 5 days and there must have been about 20-30 e-mails swapped between me and about 5 different people (or maybe the same person who used 5 different names?), which all said if I wanted to send anything back, DSRs or otherwise I'd have to pay a restocking fee as "the box had been opened" (how the hell else are you supposed to discover its faulty or not?). The e-mail replies became increasingly rude and adversarial.

By this time my "7 working day" cooling off period under the DSRs was running out and I'd obviously already assembled all the rest of the components into a computer (that's how I knew the graphics card wasn't working!). So I thought "sod you then" and sent the lot back! So now they had £1000s worth of open/used equipment instead of just the graphics card!

They tried sending it all back to me! They said I had broken the conditions of the DSRs by not dismantling the PC and putting everything back in the boxes (I sent the boxes back to them, but all the components were still assembled inside the case), they claimed I was now obliged to keep all the items as the 7 day period had lapsed (I just refused to sign for it when it arrived!). I replied that I was afraid I might damage something by taking it apart and was therefore unwilling to do so (this is mentioned in a section of the DSRs, I won't bore you with it, but I quoted it to them!).

I explained they could send it back as often as they liked but it wouldn't get signed for. As far as I was concerned I had legally returned it, it was now legally in their possession. They eventually caved in and agreed to refund me, but it took weeks and even then only after I'd sent a 14 day small claims court action warning to them! Worst customer service I've ever had, all that stupidity over £10 (which they weren't even legally entitled to ask for!). Before that order they must have at least 10k+ business from me over the years (that's a guestimate - at the bottom end of the scale!). Even after agreeing to refund me they (deliberately) took ages to process the refund. I sent e-mails daily for weeks on end and kept getting stupid replies back about it being sent to their "accounting department who are still processing it", this went on for about 4 or 5 weeks!. In total it must have taken about 3 months to get a refund!

Afterwards I wrote a letter of complaint to the CEO, never got a reply. Never done business with them since! And never would again! And I'd advise everyone who want's to purchase something from a trustworthy company not to deal with Scan computers either!

That wasn't even the end of it: After all this had happened I reviewed them on Trustpilot (pretty much what I just said here, but more succinct). And a few other people had all left them really bad feedback for the same thing (being told they had to pay to return faulty items). I checked back about a week after writing it and my post, along with a load of other complaints had been removed! So I e-mailed the Trustpilot and they replied that they'd been sent a request (by Scan) for all the posts to be removed unless they could validate they were real customers! So I e-mailed them a copy of the online order complete with order number and they put my review back up. If you have a look at all the 1 star complaints on Trustpilot (from about 6 months or so ago, they appear to have stopped doing it now), they all have "Order Number Provided" next to the complaint! Loads of negative reviews were removed! This is because Scan were writing to Trustpilot with take down notices for any complaint which made them look bad (and they only put them back up again when the complainant provided an order number).

A couple of days later, after my comment was reinstated, it was buried by about 20 positive comments all by newly registered users all with only 1 post each (prior to that there was maybe 1 or 2 comments a week). Nothing suspicious about that at all! :suspect:

I'd often seen them referred to as "Scam Computers" on computer forums and places like the comment section on hotdealsuk. Before this incident, I wondered what all the fuss was about, now I understand!

Yeah,read some poor reviews about them but i have never had any issues at all after maybe 50 or so orders,you get doa items from all sellers but obviously the other sellers have better customer service.I have heard that recently they have improved customer service but as i said,i have never had a problem and will probably continue shopping with them until i do,then i will see for myself if it's as bad as everyone says.The £10 "restocking fee" is a bit of a joke tbh,how can they charge you for returning a non-working item???:loopy:

Aah well............

Last lot of stuff I bought off Scan came to nearly a grand. One of the parts (the graphics card) was DOA, so I e-mailed them and politely asked for it to be swapped and they told me there was a £10 restocking fee! For a faulty item to be swapped! On an order I'd received the very same day that cost nearly £1000! I didn't even ask for a refund on the item, just for it to be replaced!!!

I told them under the Distance Selling Regulations they had to accept the faulty product back and pay for postage. This e-mail exchange went on for about 5 days and there must have been about 20-30 e-mails swapped between me and about 5 different people (or maybe the same person who used 5 different names?), which all said if I wanted to send anything back, DSRs or otherwise I'd have to pay a restocking fee as "the box had been opened" (how the hell else are you supposed to discover its faulty or not?). The e-mail replies became increasingly rude and adversarial.

By this time my "7 working day" cooling off period under the DSRs was running out and I'd obviously already assembled all the rest of the components into a computer (that's how I knew the graphics card wasn't working!). So I thought "sod you then" and sent the lot back! So now they had £1000s worth of open/used equipment instead of just the graphics card!

They tried sending it all back to me! They said I had broken the conditions of the DSRs by not dismantling the PC and putting everything back in the boxes (I sent the boxes back to them, but all the components were still assembled inside the case), they claimed I was now obliged to keep all the items as the 7 day period had lapsed (I just refused to sign for it when it arrived!). I replied that I was afraid I might damage something by taking it apart and was therefore unwilling to do so (this is mentioned in a section of the DSRs, I won't bore you with it, but I quoted it to them!).

I explained they could send it back as often as they liked but it wouldn't get signed for. As far as I was concerned I had legally returned it, it was now legally in their possession. They eventually caved in and agreed to refund me, but it took weeks and even then only after I'd sent a 14 day small claims court action warning to them! Worst customer service I've ever had, all that stupidity over £10 (which they weren't even legally entitled to ask for!). Before that order they must have at least 10k+ business from me over the years (that's a guestimate - at the bottom end of the scale!). Even after agreeing to refund me they (deliberately) took ages to process the refund. I sent e-mails daily for weeks on end and kept getting stupid replies back about it being sent to their "accounting department who are still processing it", this went on for about 4 or 5 weeks!. In total it must have taken about 3 months to get a refund!

Afterwards I wrote a letter of complaint to the CEO, never got a reply. Never done business with them since! And never would again! And I'd advise everyone who want's to purchase something from a trustworthy company not to deal with Scan computers either!

That wasn't even the end of it: After all this had happened I reviewed them on Trustpilot (pretty much what I just said here, but more succinct). And a few other people had all left them really bad feedback for the same thing (being told they had to pay to return faulty items). I checked back about a week after writing it and my post, along with a load of other complaints had been removed! So I e-mailed the Trustpilot and they replied that they'd been sent a request (by Scan) for all the posts to be removed unless they could validate they were real customers! So I e-mailed them a copy of the online order complete with order number and they put my review back up. If you have a look at all the 1 star complaints on Trustpilot (from about 6 months or so ago, they appear to have stopped doing it now), they all have "Order Number Provided" next to the complaint! Loads of negative reviews were removed! This is because Scan were writing to Trustpilot with take down notices for any complaint which made them look bad (and they only put them back up again when the complainant provided an order number).

A couple of days later, after my comment was reinstated, it was buried by about 20 positive comments all by newly registered users all with only 1 post each (prior to that there was maybe 1 or 2 comments a week). Nothing suspicious about that at all! :suspect:

I'd often seen them referred to as "Scam Computers" on computer forums and places like the comment section on hotdealsuk. Before this incident, I wondered what all the fuss was about, now I understand!

Nice one, I'll be sure to steer clear of them. :thumbsup:

When i built my old machine, i wanted a big roomy casee with space for loads of extras and one with a clear side and top window.

I found one from maplins for £37.99 it had 2 cool blue LED fans, one on side of clear window and one on top window. Also on the front at the top was 2 LCD screens, one for CPU temp and one for HDD temp.

It was a fantastic solidly built case and it looked awsome when i painted it out with blue UV paint and added 2 12" blue UV neon tubes with s 7LED UV spread light and a UV fan for the side windw.

I still have the neons, spread light and fan packed away.

Edited by PlayStation