Silver Blades Ice rink

Yes I think I remember seeing the bar area.Did it have all glass so you could see right in ? Another thing I do remember is the smell which hit you as you walked up the stairs, does it still smell the same ?

I used to go to Hurlfield school and we could go to the skates as an option in PE which we used to take better than cross country running lol. They used to make us do figure skating though on the down side but still loved it. :hihi: I wonder how many romances have begun down at the Silver Blades?

Mine began at silver blades in the 80's though still together 27 yrs later

Yes I think I remember seeing the bar area.Did it have all glass so you could see right in ? Another thing I do remember is the smell which hit you as you walked up the stairs, does it still smell the same ?

No only thing Ice Sheffield smells of sometimes is the little sweaty kids that play ice hockey. Weve been this morning I had a lesson then we went on the social skating session, all these little kids were pushing penguins round trying to learn to skate lethal :hihi: The bar area was all glass you could see all the grown ups trying to look cool :loopy:

Do you remember the smell though ? was it the chemicals used for the ice or something ? Yes I often recall the glass window of the bar but it's very vague. Don't you wish you could go back in time sometimes and relive these times just for fun. It's very ffrustrating when you can't quite recall what you want to :hihi:

Im sure my mom went there.....She's called christine...

I used to go to Hurlfield school and we could go to the skates as an option in PE which we used to take better than cross country running lol. They used to make us do figure skating though on the down side but still loved it. :hihi: I wonder how many romances have begun down at the Silver Blades?

Yes it was a PE option for us too. Much better than football or rugby

Im sure my mom went there.....She's called christine...

Whats her second name and is she in her 40's matey?;)

SHE WENT THERE IN THE LATE 60'S TO MID 70'S......Was into the competition side of it for them aswell as for pleasure

I think ice skating rinks all have the same smell not just silver blades. Ice sheffield smells the same. Must be the chemicals or something

did anyone out there go to the silver blades ice rink in Sheffield in the late 70's. if so can you recall the name of the instrumental track they used to play when the "speed freaks, nutters and show offs" used to take to the ice just after clearing the likes of me off the ice. I would so much like to find out what it is called, just so I can ease my mind lol. Thank you in advance for racking your brains and making an effort. Tomo

Oh no! I was one of those nutters but as I was only 10 I can't remember the music clearly. I do remember that music from Saturday Night Fever was played very often so maybe something from that?

I vaguely remember that in 80/81 they used to play "Woolly Bully" by Sam the Sham & the Pharoahs... but I might be mistaken