Penistone Road petrol station 1p rip off.

It'd only be deceit if you didn't get £20.01's worth of fuel wouldn't it?

well i find at our local asda that I put in £ 20.00 and as I check the price again it shoots up to £ 20.01....that's never right

Its a scam.

No it's not. If you get charged the extra penny, it's because you've got the pennies worth in your tank!!!

If anybody loses out, it's the filling stations. Do you have any idea how many people refuse to pay the penny? Everytime someone says 'sorry love, i've not got the penny', we have no choice but to let them walk away without paying it. But they still have the fuel in their tank! They just havn't paid for all of it. Therefore, the petrol station is losing money.

I put £20 in at Morrisons and by the time I have reached the kiosk it has gone up to £25!!!

I put £20 in at Morrisons and by the time I have reached the kiosk it has gone up to £25!!!

Ahh, so you're the culprit who wanders around the shop for 15 minutes spending a fiver in the shop making everyone wait for you to move your car off the pump!!! ;)

I'm sure Morrisons would thank you for increasing the profit at their petrol station as there isn't as much profit in petrol as there is in the shop goods!!! :D

Yes, you do have control over how much you put in. You can put in 14.29 litres and pay £19.99 or you can put in 14.30 litres and pay £20.01. If the penny bothers you that much, stop at £19.99.

Because the other place has it's fuel at a different price which allows you to stop on £20!!

Sincerely, thanks for putting me straight here; I dont mind admiting when I'm wrong.

Standing down. :cool:

The price per litre is irrelevant if you're just intending to spend £20 but are unable to as it jumps from £19.99 to £20.01.

I know it seems petty moaning about the 1p but its the principle of it.

Of course it's relevant. What you seem unable to grasp is that the pump dispenses by volume, not price.

You're the one that doesn't get it; the price per litre is irrelevant to me, I dont even take note of it, I need to buy fuel regardless of what the price per litre is, and its usually £20's worth I put in. My gripe is being unable to put exactly £20 in at one particular petrol station as it jumps from £19.99 to £20.01.

The penny will hopefully drop for you in a minute.

What seem unable to grasp is that for certain prices per litre it is IMPOSSIBLE to put in exactly £20 of fuel as the pump dispenses by VOLUME not PRICE.

jb

Edited by barleycorn

what a retard, whoever started this thread should be made to pay oxygen tax. I think they should seriously have a think about whether the have the brains to be driving a car safely as well

I think there are a lot of people who just aren't reading the full thread so haven't seen the explanation as so why you cant put in £20 at some fuel stations

what a retard, whoever started this thread should be made to pay oxygen tax. I think they should seriously have a think about whether the have the brains to be driving a car safely as well

See post 77.

By the way, sentences begin with a capital letter and end with a full stop.

See post 77.

By the way, sentences begin with a capital letter and end with a full stop.

sure if i was writin a scored essay thought id just put it in a language u would understand

i reckon the OP who started the thread works for the said petrol station, as this thread seems like a good way to generate more business?? all these people going to the station trying to prove or disprove the "bang on twenty" theory!! i know i will next time i am that way:help: there will be queue a mile long trying to hit the bang on twenty jackpot :roll::roll:

They very kindly indeed let me off with the 1p over today when I put £15.01 in on the bike! :) Don't everyone try it though as I might not be as lucky next time :P