Penistone Road petrol station 1p rip off.

Bit like Barclays then ???

Never bought petrol from Barclays.

My petrol stations don't have a 'penny tray', but my staff don't always charge the penny when they know the customer will go over through no fault of their own. Unless they want to argue about it!! Which is often and a pain in the ass!!!!

Damn well done sir :clap::banana::clap:

Never bought petrol from Barclays.

Its not cheap ;)

OP and others clearly cannot use a petrol pump accuratly seeesh get a life!!

Think about how many people use that particular petrol station, all those 1p's will add up, and I'll bet it happens on all the multiples of ten as well not just at £20.

I've worked it out before. For mine, it works out at about £7k per year. BUT and a big BUT, thats NOT all due to this problem. This problem only occurs when the price is at a certain amount. Just because it stops you putting in £20 exactly, doesn't mean you can't put £10 or £30 or even £15 when its that certain price. Mostly its because some customers just generally do go over themselves.

Even so, its annoying (and boring a lot of the time) listening to people whime about it!! It's a penny. It's a nothing amount to an individual, but to some independents, it works out a lot over the year. And its not even their fault!!!

OP and others clearly cannot use a petrol pump accuratly seeesh get a life!!

I used it the other day and I remembered this issue from the previous occasion I used it, so I was especielly careful to land on £20 exactly; I got to £19.97, then carefully notched it to 98, then, 99, but then it it jumped to £20.01. Try it yourself and see.

Rip off merchants.

The BP at Frecheville really ticks me off. I stop it on a round figure, put the pump back on, still on round figure, go to pay and it's gone up a penny. This happens around 50% of the times I fill up there.

I don't care about paying an extra penny, but the messing around when you haven't got any change and the fact it was on a round figure when you walked away is hugely annoying. It doesn't happen to me at any other station either.

I used it the other day and I remembered this issue from the previous occasion I used it, so I was especielly careful to land on £20 exactly; I got to £19.97, then carefully notched it to 98, then, 99, but then it it jumped to £20.01. Try it yourself and see.

Rip off merchants.

well if that is the case i should get on to weights and measures, trading standards and customs & excise because all petrol pumps have an anti tamper seal in the workings when its calibrated to measure, it cannot be legally programmed to over fill, to get it bang on a twenty or ten fill up is a teqnique nothing more nothing less:D

well if that is the case i should get on to weights and measures, trading standards and customs & excise because all petrol pumps have an anti tamper seal in the workings when its calibrated to measure, it cannot be legally programmed to over fill, to get it bang on a twenty or ten fill up is a teqnique nothing more nothing less:D

1p of fuel works out at around 7ml. There is a positive and negative % tolerance allowed by Weights and Measures. Also, pumps legally have to be tested every 6 months.

And if ANYONE read my explanation, they would understand why it happens. Obviously, many here can't and they are the ones it seems kick off!! :loopy:

What really bugs me is when people at Morrisons in Hillsborough go to the Pat At Pumps pumps and then go inside to pay. It should be you can only use them pumps if paying by card. Or people who go in and then spend ages picking a sandwich or something

1p of fuel works out at around 7ml. There is a positive and negative % tolerance allowed by Weights and Measures. Also, pumps legally have to be tested every 6 months.

And if ANYONE read my explanation, they would understand why it happens. Obviously, many here can't and they are the ones it seems kick off!! :loopy:

As I've said, my regular petrol station, the one at Hillsborough near the Blue Ball doesn't do this, neither does the Morrisons one I occasionally use...so why does it only happen at the Pennistone Road one?

As I've said, my regular petrol station, the one at Hillsborough near the Blue Ball doesn't do this, neither does the Morrisons one I occasionally use...so why does it only happen at the Pennistone Road one?

Are all three the same price per litre?