Penistone Road petrol station 1p rip off.

Drive out to the A6 near Matlock, the guy there puts the fuel in for you so you're not responsible if it goes over.

Might not be the most economical solution but if it really bothers you that much.... ;)

just pay them with a £20 note thats all i do lol then you get 1p for free :P

Tesco with pay at pump have the facility to choose a fixed delivery of fuel either in £ or litres.

I only use the petrol stations where you "key in " the amount of petrol that you require and the pump stops automatically when that amount is reached. In this way you always get the exact amount that you want.

Just about every petrol station I've been to in sheff does the same it's so put more in to round it off

some people need to get a life

Yes.

I sure wish the biggest worry in my life was a penny overspend on fuel.

Tesco with pay at pump have the facility to choose a fixed delivery of fuel either in £ or litres.

I didn't know that and try to use the pay at the pump facility where offered.

I shall have a closer look next time!

It'd only be deceit if you didn't get £20.01's worth of fuel wouldn't it?

To be fair you're only getting £8.01 worth of fuel, the other £12 is tax! :gag:

I saw BBC Watchdog cameras there some 20 minutes ago threatening to expose this monumental deceit.

Will be the main headline in the Sheffield Star then " Sheffield Drivers In Mass Rip Off At The Pumps " :hihi:

The petrol pump at the Penniston Road petrol station has been calibrated in such a way that you cannot stop at exactly £20.00, it jumps from £19.99 to £20.01. :suspect:

Garbage!

The pumps dispense to 2 decimal places. Example 14.30 ltrs.

The price per litre is 3 decimal places. Example £1.399

So 14.29 ltrs x £1.399 = £19.99171. You can't pay this so it's rounded down to £19.99.

If you put 14.30 ltrs x £1.399 = 20.0057. The system rounds it up to £20.01.

It's the price per litre that causes this. When the price goes up or down, go back and you'll be able to put exactly £20 in.

You are getting the fuel you pay for. There's no con about it. People are conning themselves thinking they can get fuel worth an exact amount - in this case £20 exactly...when it's not possible because of the price per ltr.

And yes, about £11.18 of that £20 is duty and VAT!

Edited by damophoto

Talking about petrol has anyone else noticed that the Morrisons petrol is cheaper at the Meadowhead one than at Hillsborough . I thought it was a

mistake at first but it's not .