Penistone Road petrol station 1p rip off.

The petrol pump at the Penniston Road petrol station has been calibrated in such a way that you cannot stop at exactly £20.00, it jumps from £19.99 to £20.01. :suspect:

The petrol pump at the Penniston Road petrol station has been calibrated in such a way that you cannot stop at exactly £20.00, it jumps from £19.99 to £20.01. :suspect:

Is this the Texaco one?

Call local trading standards then....

so does the one on wordsworth avenue really gets on my nerves!

Guest sibon

Put 19.99 in then.

And insist on your change.

I saw BBC Watchdog cameras there some 20 minutes ago threatening to expose this monumental deceit.

How trivial can you get?

I saw BBC Watchdog cameras there some 20 minutes ago threatening to expose this monumental deceit.

How trivial can you get?

It'd only be deceit if you didn't get £20.01's worth of fuel wouldn't it?

Are you seriously suggesting that this is deliberate? How would the station benefit from this, the additional profit from the extra pennyworth of fuel?

Surely they would be happier to sell exactly £20 worth and accept notes to that value rather than have to mess about with the loose change.

What would this gain the retailer?

If anything its more hassle having to give change etc. Maybe you need a gentler touch with the nozzle.

Edit - ^^^^^ snap

It'd only be deceit if you didn't get £20.01's worth of fuel wouldn't it?

Dead right Truman-my word you are as accurate as Fred.

If anything,the government will benefit more from that penny than anyone else...CONSPIRACY!.

But seriously though,I always have odd coppers kicking around the car for this reason.(not bobbies lol).

We all overshoot now and again,especially with the price increases .