Online grocery shopping-Should you/Do you tip ?

I had my shopping delivered for the first time today and i felt the driver was expecting a tip but didnt have much change worth giving anyway. Should you give them a tip and if you do, how much do you give them ?

I've given the FedEx guy an ice cold can of root beer on a hot day. :)

I've never got the "I Want a Tip" feeling off them, and I wouldn't tip them....Its the supermarket's job to pay them a decent wage for their job ;)

I'd guess that's against any large supermarket's policy, and if they knew the person delivering who's trying for tips, he may get a word or two in the ear

If they're polite & helpful I'll tip them. But it also depends on how much money I have on me at the time. But I usually give them two or three quid.

It's a pants job - the supermarkets don't want you to do it - but if I get good polite service I always tip em. If I get my regular driver at Xmas I also put a fiver in a card.

I don't tip my Ocado driver, and I've never seen a driver with that hopeful look on their face.

Nope. We get Sainsbury deliveries once a month and have never once even felt that they expected a tip.

Lift from the knees not with the back. There's a tip for them.

I've never got the "I Want a Tip" feeling off them, and I wouldn't tip them....Its the supermarket's job to pay them a decent wage for their job ;)

What???....Like he can go to the store manager and complain that he's not paid enough!..I think not!

I use Ocado and Sainsburys and have never ever had a driver hang about or look like he wants a tip. If it's cold I'll offer a coffee, warm I'll offer water juice etc. Normally they can't get away fast enough, but that might say something more about me.....

What???....Like he can go to the store manager and complain that he's not paid enough!..I think not!

Thats what Trades Unions are for...........