The Nottingham House, Broomhill- Pies, music and sport.

Hey there,

I came on here before taking on the Notty in Febuary, to try and see what peoples thoughts on the place were, and got some interesting feedback.

Just thought I would see if anyone had any thoughts on it at the moment, and if they've tried it out again?

Things definately going the right way, and it seems that most people are happy to use it as a pub again.

The pies are back in full force, and if you haven't tried one def worth doing so.

Live music is on every saturday, unless bands let me down, which has happened a little to often for my liking,

Dj's on most fridays, and quiz on a monday.

I think broomhill in general is a lot quieter than say 5 years ago, and this does have a lot to do with less students using it.

Any thoughts appreciated.

Hey there,

I came on here before taking on the Notty in Febuary, to try and see what peoples thoughts on the place were, and got some interesting feedback.

Just thought I would see if anyone had any thoughts on it at the moment, and if they've tried it out again?

Things definately going the right way, and it seems that most people are happy to use it as a pub again.

The pies are back in full force, and if you haven't tried one def worth doing so.

Live music is on every saturday, unless bands let me down, which has happened a little to often for my liking,

Dj's on most fridays, and quiz on a monday.

I think broomhill in general is a lot quieter than say 5 years ago, and this does have a lot to do with less students using it.

Any thoughts appreciated.

The Uni killed off traditional uni living when it started building places like 'The Edge'. Students no longer want draughty semi's in suburbs when they can live in specifically designed student flats like Opal or the many others there now are.

Ecclesall Rd and Broomhill are shadows of their former selves. And the pubs have suffered as a result.

Six years on has anyone any views on this pub? My son has lived in Texas for 11 years and is visiting this week. He craves a good pint and a pie with Hendos. Is this the place to go?

The Broadfield on Abbeydale Road is a great place for a pint and a pie with Hendos

or if you're in Broomhill anyway, The York is owned by the same people as The Broadfield.

While I'm a big fan of the food at the True North venues (including the York and the Broadfield), I've yet to have better pie and mash / chips than at the Notty House. Great quality meat, great tasting sauces, and a huge helping of proper home-cooked potatoes. I walk past on the way to work as they're prepping the first batch, and just the smell makes me want pie for breakfast.

I called into the Nottingham a few weeks ago with a couple of mates on our way into town after work. We just intended to have a quick pint as it was on our route into town but we decided to line our stomachs with some food. It turned out to be an excellent idea as the pies are delicious and the pub itself has a great atmosphere. Yes, the pies at the Broadfield and the York are wonderful but I'd encourage anyone to check out the Nottingham.

Last time I went in (about 6 months ago) it was filthy, dark and dingy. In the area I was sat in it smelled of damp and of generally not being cleaned. I blame the carpets for this - rip them out and have floors you can clean properly. The pint I was served was off (bar area maybe not clean either). The place looked like it needs a total rethink on every level.

Why do pubs think customers want that kind of experience for the prices they charge?

Guest makapaka
Last time I went in (about 6 months ago) it was filthy, dark and dingy. In the area I was sat in it smelled of damp and of generally not being cleaned. I blame the carpets for this - rip them out and have floors you can clean properly. The pint I was served was off (bar area maybe not clean either). The place looked like it needs a total rethink on every level.

Why do pubs think customers want that kind of experience for the prices they charge?

The two posters above appear to have been in a lot more recently than you and said it was very good,, as does trip advisor. Strange that.

Not been in the Notty for a few years,when back in Sheffield always do the Broadfield but when over in December will try it.

The two posters above appear to have been in a lot more recently than you and said it was very good,, as does trip advisor. Strange that.

Why is it strange that people have different views? Maybe it's improved massively recently, maybe not. What is certain is I had a bad experience there last time I went so I won't rush back.

Guest makapaka
Why is it strange that people have different views? Maybe it's improved massively recently, maybe not. What is certain is I had a bad experience there last time I went so I won't rush back.

Not strange to have different views at all. Just the extreme of different views. You said it was filthy dark dingy and damp with off beer. Whereas the previous two posters rated it and there's nothing like your view out of 70 odd people on trip advisor.

Your entitled to your view - just strange how different it is to the vast majority given that I don't believe there's been any change of ownership or significant changes to the interior.