Would you let your home to students?

That doesn't surprise me. Some girls can be very dirty in my experience.

yeeeaaaahhhh! sometimes we love 'em like that! :D:hihi::hihi::love::o

my daughter cleans student flats, some very dirty,some not, but one guy's flat she cleaned, a week later the mother phoned complaining, she had left toast crumbs on the side, ?????

think the mother thought everytime her son had toast, my daughter should go wipe the sides after him lol.

Well if they go from having mummy clean up after them and then a cleaner to do it for them, no wonder some of them leave everything in such a tip as they are probably clueless!

If you let to students then you are in it for the money.

Who cares if they are scruffy and make a mess. Anyone knows this when they let to a young person

Landlords who rent to students are laughing all the way to the bank. I am sure they are well recompensed for a bit of cleaning/painting/repair every summer. Why are some posters trying to take the moral high ground over unknown youngsters purported grubby habits? Is this bigoted student-bashing or common or garden curtain twitching?

Is this from experience or are you just guessing?

Experience. Why on earth would I "guess"?

Experience. Why on earth would I "guess"?

I think Truman was being delicate but the suggestion is that your own children have been indulged and have gone on to mess up at college.

Students do tend to live very messily but in my experience, generally do not leave the place any worse than other private tenants. As they are youngsters, the tenancy does tend to be slightly higher maintenance but this is reflected in the rent.

You can get messy tenants from any walk of life. We have gone in to prep a flat, ready for re letting and had to scrape the grease off the kitchen tiles with a chisel. The tenant who had vacated was a heart surgeon, so there are no guarantees.

One advantage of letting to non-local students is that they're very unlikely to want to remain in Sheffield any longer than their courses necessitate; so L has fewer problems re obtaining possession.

I think Truman was being delicate but the suggestion is that your own children have been indulged and have gone on to mess up at college.

Oh look. Here you are again. I wonder why you feel the need to interpret Truman's post for him?

My child is not yet old enough to go to college but seeing as she does some chores around the house, I think she knows what to do.

Edited by irenewilde

Oh look. Here you are again. I wonder why you feel the need to interpret Truman's post for him?

My child is not yet old enough to go to college but seeing as she does some chores around the house, I think she knows what to do.

I was helping as you indicated that you could not answer his question and instead of replying,you posed another question.

It is a great idea to teach your daughter to do chores-if all else fails a bit of cleaning can be a nice earner:hihi:

In reality the people that let to students do not regard the property as their home but more as a business asset and therefore will let to whoever pays the most cash !!!

In reality the people that let to students do not regard the property as their home but more as a business asset and therefore will let to whoever pays the most cash !!!

Even if that's so, maximising income has to be set alongside increasing risk of damage and against the capital costs of rectification.