Stolen Iphone by Taxi Driver - Saturday.

Yep it uses the phone connection to communicate it's location.

If you've had it IMEI blocked then even if you do get it back it will be of no use, the networds don't usually undo a block.

So most the taxi guy has got is an i-phone he cannot use and the loss of his license when the police get his reg number, he drove from the bottom of west street all the way up to tesco so the camera's have to have him :)

This story doesn't make sense to me. Why would a taxi driver risk losing his license and his livelihood for an iPhone that may get blocked by the owner?

Yep it's true, Probably the driver thought I was that drunk that I wouldn't remember anything of the way home, But I hope he just forgot to give it me and is handing it in...

This story doesn't make sense to me. Why would a taxi driver risk losing his license and his livelihood for an iPhone that may get blocked by the owner?

Blocked Iphones work in countries abroad but not in the UK.

if you do get it back it will be of no use, the networds don't usually undo a block.

Where did you get that BS from?

if you block your stolen phone then get it back. you ring off another phone and tell them you got it back give them the imei and they unblock it.. lol never heard of that what u just mentioned

Blocked Iphones work in countries abroad but not in the UK.

You can take them abroad and bring them back they'll work here again after opening up to service again

:thumbsup:

He's probably still intoxicated.

You can take them abroad and bring them back they'll work here again after opening up to service again

:thumbsup:

Where did you get that BS from?

The IMEI is blocked at the network end, they maintain a large cross-network database of IMEI's to block and don't allow phones on the list to login to the network.

They do nothing to the phone, if they did people would be able to reflash or jailbreak the phone and undo the block.

Taking the phone out of the country and bringing it back does sweet FA.

Taking the phone out of the country and bringing it back does sweet FA.

oh ryt maybe i am wrong... but a "friend" who has family he visits in pakistan asked me if i could get any blocked iphones he would take them abroad and bring them back unblocked..

thats where i got the bs from lol not my own thoughts like the bs you came out with

Beats me why he hung around for a tenner if he had an i-phone. Is it possible he just forgot?

That's just what I was thinking!

oh ryt maybe i am wrong... but a "friend" who has family he visits in pakistan asked me if i could get any blocked iphones he would take them abroad and bring them back unblocked../QUOTE]

It'll be the food, it's guaranteed to unblock most things.